Product Marketing Manager
New York, United States
Brightflagis used by large corporations to transform legal service delivery. At its core is artificial intelligence that extracts insights from invoice narrativesthe pages-long descriptions of how much is being charged for a piece of legal work, & why. These insights are used to make data-driven decisions at every step of the matter lifecycle, from resource selection to price negotiation to quality of service evaluation. They also drive automation of time-intensive processes like invoice review. Customers include Uber; Telstra, Australia's largest telecommunications company; & Rimini Street, the multinational enterprise software support company.
In 2018, we tripled in size & recently raised$8.5M in venture fundingto execute an aggressive growth strategy. Like all great companies, we strive to hire the best. Our people are customer focused, take ownership & make every day count, the opportunity for direct impact atBrightflagis huge - we live our values & are in search of constant improvement.
What is the opportunity?
This newly-created position will serve as the liaison between Marketing andBrightflagsProduct & Engineering teams, developing an in-depth understanding of market requirements & product capabilities. Counterparts on the marketing team will include the leaders of demand & digital; communications; & design. If youve ever felt too salesy to be a product manager, & too product focused to be happy as a salesperson, this is the position for you. As the Senior Product Marketing Manager atBrightflag, you will report directly to the VP, Marketing.
What will I be doing?
- Being the companys expert on the competitive landscape & ensuring thatBrightflagsproduct messaging is consistent across all touchpoints
- Managing the product launch cycle & partnering with demand generation & communications to bring new features to market
- Creating & maintaining key assets for the Sales team, such as pitch decks, demo scripts, proposal templates, & other product content
- Developing internal enablement materials that help Sales articulateBrightflagsvalue, including ideal customer profile & buyer persona guides
- Championing the brand & product by speaking at conferences & managing relationships with journalists, analysts, & other industry leaders
Your typical day might include:
- Researching the competition & updating battle-cards
- Listening to customer conversations to understand market requirements
- Meeting with the Product team to plan the roll-out of upcoming features
- Authoring thought leadership & product-related content
- Collaborating with Marketing team members to evolve the website
What Skills do I need?
- Distill complex & interconnected concepts into simple frameworks that buyers & sellers can use to speak a common language
- Understand how to speak about the impact of productivity & artificial intelligence technology on business without falling into the buzzword trap
- Demonstrate an ability to enable sales teams (you must be able to provide a reference from a sales leader in order to be considered for this position)
Bonus skills & attributes
- Have worked on a geographically distributed team
- Have originated the product marketing function
- Be knowledgeable about legal service delivery
- Competitive salary in a fast-growing start-up