You are unique. So are we.
Care/of (takecareof.com) is a fast-growing, venture-backed wellness startup. We offer personalized daily vitamin & supplement packs, recommended for people based on their diet & health goals. Delivered with touch of joy. Care/of launched in 2016 & is based in New York City. (And were excited to meet you.)
What you'll do:
The Operations IT Specialist is a staff position within the Operations support group accountable for ensuring continuity of computer & machine system services for our Fulfillment Center by providing the technical expertise, assistance & project coordination necessary to install, modify/repair hardware & resolve technical problems.
- Assure continuity of the Fulfillment Center technology for all system users.
- Research software products & applicability to organizational development.
- Installs, replaces & maintains selected software & hardware products; create SOPs for responding to hardware & software issues.
- Repair hardware as necessary & work closely with service vendors to ensure continuity of service.
- Be "on-call" for all periods as assigned by manager.
- Provide technical assistance & advice to users as needed.
- Recommend changes in software & hardware to improve computer capabilities.
- Assist in implementing practices that will more effectively utilize MIS resources.
- Partner with software engineers & operations team to continuously improve our fulfillment technology.
- Train & develop fulfillment team on use of all fulfillment technology.
Who you are:
- You have 1 year of experience in a fulfillment environment or related production experience
- You have experience programming IoT devices, specifically the Raspberry Pi
- You have experience in a technology-focused support role
- You are willing & able to work 10-12 hour shifts outside of normal business hours.
- You are able to read & take direction
- You have attention to detail & have excellent verbal & written communication skills
- You are agile & possess good hand-eye coordination
- You are receptive to feedback
- You have the ability to use basic technology including scanners & touch screens
- You are adaptable
- You have the ability to follow standard work instructions
- Experience with Lean / 5S
- Experience at a high-growth startup
- Creative problem-solving skills.