Smartling is seeking a seasoned Product Manager to help us define & build our Translation Management System & associated services. Smartling brings Translation & Localization creation & management to the cloud with easy to use Dashboard & Administrative interfaces. As a Product Manager, the majority of your time would be managing the product development. You will be the bridge between our clients, the product team & an outstanding engineering team in an agile, continuous deployment environment.
Tasks at Hand
- Write requirements, answer questions, coordinate at all levels with stakeholders.
- Give direction to Design & provide wireframes & mockups as needed.
- Lead & monitor development & provide project management as needed.
- Ensure quality & usability by performing acceptance testing.
- Lead development & launch of features, & measure & monitor for success post-launch.
- Communicate & champion the Smartling Vision to development, marketing & sales.
- Communicate product capabilities & product roadmap to marketing & sales.
- Participate in the pre-sales process to hear feedback directly from the marketplace.
- Answer questions from Customer Support & Client Service Managers, & directly from clients, to support implementations, launches, & day-to-day operations.
- Technical knowledge: Understanding how web apps & sites are built, both front-end & back-end.
- Ability to write simple scripts.
- Working knowledge of MySQL; comfortable executing SQL queries.
- Must be extremely passionate about the user experience.
- 4+ years of product management/ or engineering experience.
- Strong ability to envision, describe, & advocate for simple solutions to satisfy users complex needs.
- Excellent presentation & communication skills.
- Demonstrated track record of successful product & project management execution & leading cross-functional teams to deliver high quality products.
- Ability to prioritize among competing opportunities, balancing user needs with business & product priorities, & the ability to clearly articulate the rationale behind product decisions.
Nice to Have
- BS in Computer Science or other similar engineering degree.
- Understand the Translation & Localization market & the needs of companies who are globalizing & internationalizing their products & services.
- Knowledge of tools & processes used by translation agencies & professional translators, including but not limited to CAT tools, Translation Memory management tools, Terminology tools, Project Management tools.
- Curious. Enjoys learning new technologies & data analysis techniques.
- A Leader. Proactive, compelling, with excellent business & technical judgment.
- Customer Focused. Passionate about client success at all times.
- Process Oriented. Well-organized, demonstrating attention to detail.
- Team player. Ability to work effectively & cross-functionally with all levels of management, both internally & externally.
- An Entrepreneur. Strong problem-solving & analytical skills, combined with top-notch business & technical skills.
What matters to Smartling?
- To help our clients grow their businesses & to help you grow as an individual, both professionally & personally.
- Competitive salary & employee stock option plan.
- An opportunity to learn & advance your career.
- An energetic, value-driven, & fun culture & team spirit.
- Flexible PTO.
- Company paid medical/dental/vision/life insurance.
- Commuter benefits.
- Amazing office located in the middle of Manhattan- just blocks from Penn Station & Grand Central.
- Team outings (Baseball games, bowling, happy hours, etc.).
Smartling is an equal opportunity employer. No third party recruiters.