As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Staff Designer will join a small, dynamic team of design & product experts with the purpose of helping to grow our clients' business (Fortune 500) through a consultative approach to digital experience design. This individual is a strategic, full-stack user experience designer with hands-on human centered design thinking, UX/UI, research, service design, prototyping, facilitation, & strong client-facing skills. With the guidance of our studio's Design & Innovation leadership, the designer will deliver polished UX/UI artifacts & human-centric digital design expertise for our clients, as well as support RFPs & special projects. This role will also support the creation of product & design collaboration frameworks, co-creation tools, asset libraries, & design operations management that will ultimately power the work of our practice.
This designer should have industry leading design chops, consultative design strategy experience, & a fluency to speak' product management & tech. This designer will need to develop a nuanced understanding of emerging digital payment trends as well as Visa's capabilities & services in order to effectively leverage the right products & services at the right time in the solutions we design.
- Support the planning & execution of high-quality client design sprints & co-creation engagements (through all phases of design) under the guidance of the NY Studio Leads
- Maintain the highest standards of experience design delivery from wireframes to prototypes, extending that polish & strategic thinking to creating extensible & scalable co-creation tools & assets for our practice
- Support the planning & execution of hands on research activities (qualitative & quantitative) to gain customer insights in order to fuel our co-creation process
- Deeply understand the payment ecosystem, commerce trends, our Innovation practice, as well as Visa products, services, & capabilities in order to effectively design for our clients & partners
- Work with our cross-functional product & business teams to ensure alignment & project success
- Strong hands-on designer with fluency across design specializations & deep dive expertise in one or more of the following areas: prototyping, research, UI, front end development, facilitation, design strategy, product management
- Support NY Studio design operations needs as required including but not limited to RFPs, supplier relationships, design briefs, global design initiatives, etc.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 8 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MFA/MBA, etc) - preferably working in consultancies, digital product, or established startups
- 4+ years working as a product or digital designer as part of an in-house, agency, or cross-functional design or innovation team
- Experienceand proven track record running client engagements, demonstrating excellence in presentation polish, & strong client orientation
- Experience in creating user experience maps, service blueprints, wireframes, polished user interface design, rapid prototyping, & presentations that communicate the strategy
- Strong fluency in digital design software including Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, proficiency in HTML/JS/CSS a plus
- Knowledgeable in human centered design thinking, service design, & user research
- Strong organizational skills & attention to detail with the ability to prioritize & manage multiple projects
- Payment industry experience preferred
- Support the Design Agency Services team to deliver successful projects for its clients-internal & external.
- Continuously seek out ways to improve the processes, practice, & culture of the Design team
- Develop & manage the RFP response & project intake system for the agency
- Own, manage, & evolve the agency's Design pricing structure to help the agency to remain competitive
- Work with other parts of the Global & North American design organization at Visa to create a singular design culture, known globally as best-in-class for innovation, creativity, quality, & client impact
- Coordinate with the innovation & consulting teams
- Develop, manage, & communicate to design leadership key metrics on the health of the agency's operations
- Conduct regular status meetings with point persons from relevant teams to assure the coordination of all projects is up-to-date & clearly communicated
- As part of the Strategic Design Operations team, you will also collaborate with team members on horizontal initiatives, as well as take on responsibilities in other parts of the greater design organization as resourcing requires.
- Demonstrate a clear link between daily work & the organization's mission
- Assist in planning & execution for design communications, all-hands, share-outs, executive reviews, etc
Incumbent must make themselves available onsite during core business hours
May be needed to take phone calls with teams in various time zones as needed
Less than 15% travel required
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.