Appian is looking for a Data Architect to lead the charge & own the strategy for an enterprise-wide data warehouse solution. Are you looking to marry your passion for technology with your penchant for creative problem-solving? In this hands-on role, you will drive our ongoing digital transformation & data modernization objectives to help run Appian more efficiently & more effectively.
You will get to define & document conceptual data models across enterprise master data, transactional data, & informational data. You will also work with business stakeholders & data owners to identify the future state enterprise data architecture that will model the data as it should be. Coordinate new data development, ensuring consistency & integration with the defined standards systems.
What youll do:
- Design data warehouse & business intelligence applications
- Define the requirements & algorithms needed to transform transactional data into analytical data objects with as close to real-time refresh as possible
- Employ industry best practices for data governance & facilitate change management across teams
- Lead cross functional teams in improving data quality & data management across systems
- Build databases & data pipelines for ingesting, transforming, & prepping data into Common Data Models (CDMs)
- Develop & maintain logical & physical data models & data dictionaries
- Articulate recommendations through compelling presentations & architectural documents to a variety of technical & business audiences.
- Facilitate discovery sessions with internal stakeholders to solicit business requirements & define common reporting needs & challenges
- Reconcile & prioritize conflicting requirements from differing stakeholders
- Set & manage expectations of executive management team
- Work independently & establish personal work scope & priorities
- Can be hands-on as needed & work to build a team & support the team growth plan
- You have 5+ years of experience with all phases of data modeling
- You have 5+ years of experience with Extract Transform Load (ETL), data migration, data quality, metadata management, & data integration.
- Experience with all phases of data modeling, from conceptualization to database optimization
- Experience with the application of data science, data engineering, & data analytics, including working on structured, unstructured, & relational data
- Experience with data interchange formats & languages such CSV, JSON & XML
- Experience with integration technologies such as web services including REST
- You have MySQL, MariaDB and/or PostgreSQL expertise, including 5+ years of relevant database engineering, database administration, or DBA experience
- You have knowledge of business intelligence & visualization tools such as Tableau
- You have knowledge of data integration & ETL tools
- Preferred knowledge of enterprise systems including Appian, Salesforce & NetSuite
- Preferred knowledge of business intelligence products including Tableau
- Preferred knowledge of modeling for machine learning & predictive analytics
- Preferred knowledge of data integration & ETL including Informatica
Appian is an infrastructure product - not a luxury product. Our customers rely on us for mission-critical business process & case management. There is inherent stability in working for a company providing an enterprise software solution that is solving some of the worlds toughest business problems today. It is Appian's unmatched speed, power, & ease that we are continually improving our internal use & feedback loop with our Product Managers. We are proud to have earned a position on The Washington Posts Top Workplaces list for the last sixth consecutive years.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.