Poppin is searching for a Senior Designer for its new high growth product category - Poppinpod - an all inclusive approach to privacy, sound mitigation & sub-enclosure within the office. Drawing on a long experience managing the design of architectural interior products, the right candidate will be responsible for conceiving of & overseeing the creation of our future poppinpod concepts. The position will report to Poppins VP of Design & work inter & intra departmentally with our merchants, engineers, other designers & overseas offices & suppliers.
- Translate marketing & merchant insights into winning product designs
- Cohesively present concepts & vision to build alignment across the organization
- Follow Poppins broader design guidelines & corporate vision to achieve success
- Lead direct report(s) to achieve cumulative aims, vision & deliverables
- Design cleverly & responsibly for feasible & cost-effective manufacture
- Manage the communication & delivery of design specification to our internal & external development teams
- World class talent that makes colleagues stand up & say, Wow
- A comprehensive portfolio of stellar projects
- Ability to problem solve & arrive at clever solutions
- Keen interest in, & knowledge of contemporary & historical design
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in the areas of architecture, interior architecture or design
- 5+ years experience in architectural interiors and/or interior products industries
- Experience managing direct reports
- Demonstrated facility with top tier CAD platform (Solidworks a plus)
- Broad knowledge of mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems & their installation
- Broad knowledge of building materials properties & functional characteristics
- Demonstrated success designing toward the production development cycle
- Strong communication & presentation skills
- Ability to travel internationally up to 4 times a year
- Ability to correspond after hours with our overseas team
- Excellent time management skills / ability to turn around high volume of work in a flash (with a smile)
We believe that outfitting your office should be easythat's why weve reimagined the way people shop for their workspace. By eliminating middlemen, weve created a complete collection of commercial-grade office furniture & supplies while lowering prices & reducing delivery times. From startups to Fortune 500 companies, businesses rely on Poppin for complete workspace solutions to help build their brand & culture.
Recognized by Crains as one of NYs fastest-growing businesses, we have furniture showrooms in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, Washington D.C. & will have two more locations by the end of 2019. Our award-winning products are used in over 20,000 offices & sold in 3,000 retail locations nationwide.
Work happy isn't just our tagline, it's our ethos. We offer our team a mix of traditional & unconventional perks, & pride ourselves on providing top-notch benefits.