Do you relish being in the drivers seat of a massive growth engine with multiple levers at your disposal? Do you get your kicks ruthlessly prioritizing features, requests, & bugs for maximum impact? Then lets talk!
Were looking for an experienced & results-driven Senior Product Manager who is excited about making an immediate impact for our Mover Growth team.
Moving is one of the most universally relatable problems. Everyone has moved at least once & everyone thinks moving is painful. Updater is solving that pain at scale. Were a well funded & growth-focused company, with technology that touches nearly 50% of all household moves in the US annually, and were growing quickly.
At Updater, the secret to our success is our Mover Growth engine, which includes:
- A robust Integrations platform that allows our partners in the real estate industry to automatically invite their customers to use Updater.
- Smart Integrations, which enable new real estate partners to self-serve their onboarding directly from tools they already use in their day-to-day (such as Ziplogix).
- A client-facing app for reporting resident adoption & engagement with Updater.
- Internal Tools to help the Sales & Success team scale their efforts for maximum impact.
As the product lead for the Mover Growth team, youll own the top-line user acquisition & retention goals, & allocate team resources towards the growth engine levers above plus new tools & features with the biggest potential for impact.
Youll also have a huge impact on Product culture at Updater. While the company has been around for a few years, our Product organization is small (but growing!). Youll report directly to Updaters President & have the opportunity to influence not only your product area, but the evolving role of the Product team, & the direction of the business as a whole. Its a unique opportunity to have both the stability of secure funding & huge market share, plus the fast-paced, high-ownership environment of a younger startup.
About the Role
- Partner with the Mover Growth Executive Sponsor to set a strategy to achieve growth & retention goals
- Deeply understand the needs of our Real Estate clients & their residents (our movers)
- Deeply understand the needs & process of the Sales & Success teams
- Evaluate & prioritize client requests
- Model potential opportunities & lead feature prioritization
- Lead product development initiatives in partnership with Design & Tech Lead partners
- Work closely with the team Tech Lead to identify technical risks & trade-offs
- Write clear, efficient product specs
- Work with the Design team to deliver the best possible user experience
- Collaborate with Customer Success & Support to close the feedback loop on client & resident experience
- Evaluate & communicate goal progress to stakeholders & the team
- Empathy: you strive to see the world from your customers point of view in order to anticipate their needs
- Humility: you have an opinion, but arent afraid to be proven wrong, & are open to suggestions on what tool or technique is best to most efficiently solve a problem
- Strong Communication: optimism & a forward-looking attitude with a clear, inspiring communication style
- Comfortable with Ambiguity: youre used to being asked open-ended questions & whittling them down to questions that can be answered by hard data
- 4-6 years of experience in product management with at least 2 years in a growth role (bonus points for B2B2C experience)
- A desire for collaboration & knowledge of how to drive decision-making
- Strong drive for results & focus on impact
- Strong champion of Product best practices, without being dogmatic
- Experience with various types of testing (A/B, multivariate, interviews, surveys, etc), & leading efficient test execution
- Knowledge of how to balance data with intuition when necessary
- Experience with Sketch, InVision, Webflow, Zeplin, UserTesting, Optimizely (or similar)
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly forward mail, transfer utilities, connect TV & internet, & much more. Thousands of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily & relocation companies) rely on Updaters real estate products to save clients hours with a branded & personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised over $100 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors), & more. Updater ranked #3 on Crain's 2016 Best Places to Work in NYC, ranking as the highest rated tech company on the list, & ranked #7 in 2018. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.
Updater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer & will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.