Common is the nations leading residential brand offering convenience & community through coliving & traditional apartments. Our signature approach to end-to-end property management & technology offerings allows us to deliver unparalleled experiences across 27 buildings, 6 cities, & over 800 members. Common is the preferred choice for both residents looking for a stress-free & all-inclusive living environment, & for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns. Launched in October 2015, we now operate homes in New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Oakland, Seattle, & Washington, D.C. & receive over 3,000 new member applications per week.
Its an exciting time to be part of Commons team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate on those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, client service representatives, & so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, & embrace a whatever it takes mentality to ensure our work is done & done well.
Common was founded by General Assembly co-founder Brad Hargreaves & has raised over $65MM in venture funding.
About the Role
Were looking for a highly creative designer who can work across various digital platforms & teams to tell the story of Common. This role will report to Commons Creative Director, & will be responsible for creating assets to support Commons marketing team. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in an evolving, fast-paced startup environment, & excited about the opportunity to help develop the first consumer facing residential brand.
- Work collaboratively with Commons marketing team to bring concepts to life across social media & marketing platforms
- Transform Commons value prop into stunning visual representations for both B2B & B2C audiences
- Collaborate with outside brand partners to create collateral for cross promotional partnerships
- Ad hoc assistance in designing landing pages & sales collateral for growth marketing
- Design visually compelling presentations for pitches, capabilities decks, & more (Google Slides, Powerpoint, InDesign)
- 1-2 years experience, preferably with a startup or D2C brand
- Proficiency in Sketch & Adobe Creative Suite
- A deep understanding of typography
- An interest in the current brand marketing & social media landscape
- Ability to work collaboratively with various stake-holders both internal & external
- Experience with creating animated content
- Bonus: photography & video editing experience
- Bonus: HTML/CSS knowledge
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees & wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy & professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable & valuable health & wellness benefits for our employees such as paid vacation & sick time, medical, dental & vision insurance, Company paid life insurance, Company paid STD/LTD Insurance, FSA + HSA options, commuter transit benefits, generous paid parental leave (up to 16 weeks!) & a 401K. Additional benefits such as Company equity, paid holidays, weekly team lunches + weekly happy hours, a fully stocked kitchen, flexible working hours, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees needs are being met.
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates & qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other basis protected under applicable federal or state law.