We are looking for passionate, early-career Software Engineers from non-traditional backgrounds to be part of our AsanaUP apprenticeship program -- a paid opportunity to gain the knowledge, tools, & skills that will allow you to thrive in the technology industry. This six-month apprenticeship program provides a pathway to full-time software engineering roles at Asana for people with non-traditional technical backgrounds. At the end of the program, we consider our apprentices for full-time Engineering roles.
AsanaUP engineers gain valuable industry experience building, testing, & implementing software projects, with an emphasis on mentorship & feedback. We strongly encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Asana is helping teams in 195 countries become significantly more productive with our leading work management platform. Our AsanaUP apprentices work directly to achieve our mission to enable the worlds teams to work together effortlessly.
What youll achieve
- Work on real engineering projects, such as building product features, testing infrastructure, implementing subtle interaction behaviors, & designing data models.
- Gradually learn software engineering best practices with hands-on training, mentorship, & other resources.
- Work closely with your mentor, manager, team lead, & other team members, receiving guidance through coaching, code reviews, & one on one meetings.
- Help maintain a codebase & a culture that are a joy to work in, where you & your teammates empower one another to become the best versions of yourselves.
- Learn how the business operates & makes decisions as part of Asanas culture of transparency & distributed responsibility.
- Youve attended a coding school or taught yourself to code (no four year Computer Science degree required).
- You have experience working on medium-to-large coding project(s), including work that you may have done during a bootcamp experience or on your own.
- You are excited to learn through mentorship & independent research.
- You are passionate about creating a superlative user experience, down to those little details that matter.
- You appreciate productivity & helping teams collaborate more effectively & efficiently, including your own.
- You want to be a part of an inclusive culture where everyone brings their whole selves to work.
- You display kindness, maturity, & empathy for your end-users & colleagues.
Asana is a leading work management platform, helping more than 70,000 organizations & millions of users across 195 countries organize & manage all of their work, including AB-InBev, Airbnb, AllBirds, KLM Air France, Kohls, NASA, Panera, Sephora, Uber, Viessmann Group & Vox Media. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Place to Work by FORTUNE three years in a row, & one of Glassdoors ands Best Places to Work. Headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Dublin, Sydney, Vancouver, & Reykjavk, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative people to be a part of our inclusive culture & help us achieve our mission.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected & valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of all educational backgrounds, gender identities & expressions, sexual orientations, religions, ethnicities, ages, citizenships, socioeconomic status, disabilities, & veteran status, & we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.
Were glad youre interested in helping Asana grow. If youd like to learn more about our team & what weve been working on, we recommend you check these out: