Beeswax, named by Business Insider as the fastest growing company in AdTech in 2018, is hiring top engineering talent for it's growing New York office. Beeswax is a high scale, high availability advertising platform built by executives from Google & funded by leading VCs including RRE & Foundry Group.
The Beeswax team is a top-notch group with backgrounds from Google, Facebook, Amazon, & other premier technical teams. Because advertising is extremely high scale (millions of transactions per second) & low latency, the opportunity to learn about web-scale distributed systems & hard scaling problems is a great advantage of our engineering culture & work. We aim to offer the most extensible & transparent advertising system, servicing technology enabled clients & executing & processing billions of events every day. You can also read about our flexible APIs at www.beeswax.com/docs.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our product team, focusing on solving advertising optimization problems for our customers. You will work with engineers, traders & product managers to deliver AI-driven advertising solutions to Beeswaxs customers. This role is perfect for someone who is entrepreneurial, has a mix of technical & customer-facing skills, is passionate about products, & is looking to accelerate their career at a rapidly growing organization.
What Youll Do:
- Leverage advertising data & machine learning tools to develop predictive models for programmatic advertising.
- Perform exploratory analyses to understand the performance of existing models & recommend improvements.
- Work with engineering team to develop repeatable modeling pipelines
- Define, implement, dashboard & monitor key metrics for evaluating model performance in production.
- Work directly with Beeswax clients & account teams to develop custom optimization strategies to hit advertising performance targets
Who You Are:
- You will have 2 to 5 years relevant applied experience with a bachelor's degree or higher in economics, computer science, statistics, mathematics or another quantitative discipline
- You have the technical competence required to perform advanced analytics, including:
- Coding skills (python strongly preferred)
- Experience developing machine learning models using popular open source frameworks (sklearn, tensor flow, mxnet, etc)
- Experience with analytics & visualization tools (SQL, Tableau, ggplot/matplotlib or similar)
- Experience performing analysis on large datasets
- You have strong statistical understanding of online testing methodologies & metric development
- You are a creative & independent thinker, able to work autonomously, capable of taking on loosely defined problems & translating complex thinking into practical application for diverse audiences
- You are a communicative person who values building strong relationships with colleagues & partners. You are excited to share your knowledge within the organization & help to level-up the people around you.
- You feel confident working directly with customers to understand their needs & quickly develop solutions.