Phreesia is looking for a SecOps Engineer to join our growing Security Engineering team!
In Security Engineering at Phreesia we understand that not everyone is or needs to be a developer. The team consists of both DevSecOps & SecOps roles to provide opportunities for development minded security individuals, as well as those with strong operational skillsets. Each role is deeply respected & equally valued. Security Operations is the cornerstone of any well protected Engineering organization. We welcome operational skillsets that help us maintain & constantly improve a wide portfolio of security tooling & adjacent operational items that help to run our core platform offering.
We are looking for those who derive pride from uptime, availability, well configured, & limited touch infrastructure. Is your thing making the tooling that wide eyed security managers buy & never use 90% of, actually run like it should? Do you pride yourself in squeezing the juice out of tooling others leave behind in security infrastructure? We are looking for you. In this role you will be joining a team & an organization on a transitional journey from more classic security paradigms (button pushing, spreadsheet organizing, manual work) to automation driven & API forward approaches. Every organization is on this journey to some degree.
What we offer you as a candidate is a place to grow & learn, a vision to get there, & a team of dedicated people all solely focused on shifting old paradigms in Security. The Security Engineering team located in the larger Engineering team is a group of doers.
What Youll Do:
- Implement, upgrade, & maintain our security tooling. This will include off the shelf products as well as team-built functions. A short list of the current stack (WAFs SigSci, Patching - Invanti, IDS Alertlogic, Next gen AV CarbonBlack, Cisco Firewall infrastructure, A mix of AWS & significant on-premise infrastructure to name a few)
- Act as a primary skilled resource for Cloud security. Youll know or have a deep desire & technical mind to learn & apply security to AWS
- Assist DevSecOps members in building automation. Youll be the operational backbone, but your limits to participation in code development for the team are defined by your comfort. You are welcome to stretch your skillset & grow at your pace
- Provide other engineering team members with well-researched practical security advice to demonstrate vulnerabilities & fixes, collaborating with all teams to provide & help contribute to operational guidance
- Learn & grow on a team of individuals committed to managing security through coded repeatability.
- Work with engineering teams transitioning to newer deployment (Containers, Serverless, Kubernetes) & development methodologies (Continuous Delivery) on security fundamentals
- Understand environmental threats & provide subject matter expertise, advice, & engineering resources to resolving these problems
- Advocate for security as a subject matter expert across multiple organizational structures
- Interface with compliance partners on their needs to provide audit evidence
- Field requests from our auditors (team activity) & use your creative brain to devise automation-based solutions to old world problems.
What You'll Bring:
- 4-6 years experience on a security operations team where you were specifically tasked with managing security tooling & infrastructure.
- Bachelors degree in C.S. or similar
- An insatiable desire to learn & grow
- Experience managing & implementing security tooling (AV, IDS, Cloud Controls, Logging, Password Management, Firewalls, Remote Access Tools)
- Experience with infrastructure automation tooling (Chef, Ansible)
- Implementation experience with AWS security controls & generalized knowledge of security architectural patterns equivocal knowledge in Azure or GCP is also reasonable
- Experience in traditional virtual environments (VMWare)
- Experience with AWS IAM & access related controls
- Working knowledge of networking & segmentation concepts (both cloud & traditional)
- Working knowledge of some AWS extension security services (SCPs, Guardduty, Security Manager, Cloudtrail)
- Nice to have:
- Code/Scripting experience in a general-purpose language. Preferably Python or Go
- Some experience conceptualizing & thinking about threat assessments & threat modeling both in traditional data center environments & containerized environments
Who We Are:
At Phreesia, were committed to helping healthcare organizations succeed in a fast-changing landscapeand we need smart, passionate people to help us do it. Our innovative SaaS platform offers our clients a suite of applications to manage the intake process, giving them the tools to engage patients, improve efficiency, optimize staffing & enhance clinical care.
Basically, what you do here matters, & hard work does not go unnoticed. Not only does Phreesia care about our clients, we also care about our employees. In fact, were a three-time winner of Modern Healthcare magazines Best Places to Work in Healthcare award. If youre interested in consistent feedback & recognition, defined career paths, & the opportunity to work with driven & engaged colleagues in a dynamic industry, this may be the right opportunity for you.
Benefits & Perks:
- Variety of health plan options, dental/ vision coverage, & short/long-term & life insurance plans
- 401(k) savings plan (USA) or RRSP plan (Canada)
- Unlimited vacation
- Home office setup stipend
- Mobile phone stipends & Internet reimbursement
- 100% paid parental leave to our U.S. employees, as well as a generous maternity benefit to our employees in Canada.
- Tuition & certification reimbursement, as well as other professional development opportunities
We strive to provide a diverse & inclusive environment & are an equal opportunity employer.