NowThis is looking for a Senior Video Producer/Shooter to join the NowThis original video team. As a member of NowThis, youll create compelling & informative short to long-form original videos around a variety of critical issues like climate, immigration, & social justice. The ideal candidate is an experienced visual storyteller, with strong technical & editorial skills, & comes in with a working knowledge of how to create top-notch, social-first videos.
WHAT YOULL DO:
The Senior Producer/Shooter responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Pitch, develop, research story ideas with an eye toward creative execution
- Script short to long form pieces & oversee the editing process
- Be main camera operator in the field & work with field producers or APs to ensure shoot runs smoothly, on time, & on budget
- Must have a keen eye for detail to ensure all assets & final product are of the highest quality
SUCCESS WILL LOOK LIKE:
- Demonstrating the ability to be a strong team player; taking initiative in looking for ways to elevate NowThis content & brand as a whole.
- Breaking down complex & important subject matter into short form text & visual content, without sacrificing factual accuracy or sensitivity.
- Managing priorities & workload effectively to meet deadlines daily.
- Ensuring all video content follows NowThis's newsroom Style Guide & editorial standards.
- 5+ years of newsroom shooting & editing experience at a digital media company or equivalent
- Broad knowledge of current events
- Must be able to juggle multiple assignments at the same time
- Must be a self-starter
- Expertise in Canon & Sony camera formats
- Expertise in Adobe Premiere
- Strong research, writing, & storytelling abilities
- An understanding of how content is consumed on the internet & why certain videos go viral.
- Enthusiasm for social video as a medium & for covering issue-driven stories
- Interest & experience in a wide range of subject matter
- Must be a team player who enjoys collaboration
- Experience in cinematography & field production.
NICE TO HAVES:
- Background in journalism or filmmaking
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced newsroom
- Familiarity with the style, voice, & values of NowThis as a digital outlet.
- Experience cultivating original sources; experience securing all necessary legal clearances & releases from subjects, locations, and/or third party licensors.
Why Work at Group Nine
We are committed to diversity, equity & inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I & executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Weve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support & meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer & religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted. We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
NowThis is the #1 mobile news brand in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. They have a singular mission: to make news engaging & relevant for young adults by humanizing our complicated world. By providing insightful context from a youth perspective, NowThis has revolutionized how news is consumed today. Launched in 2012, NowThis entertaining, inspiring & informative videos are created for a mobile generation & receive over 2.6 billion monthly views [platform analytics, June 2020]. In December 2016, NowThis joined forces with Thrillist, The Dodo & Seeker to form Group Nine Media -- the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020].
About Group Nine Media
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nines brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news & politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Womens Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critics Choice, among others.