BuzzFeed is seeking a Technical Video Editor to join our growing Los Angeles team in a fixed term capacity. As one of the leading independent digital media companies, BuzzFeed publishes a vast amount of new content daily, across various platforms & formats.
We are looking for a Technical editor to work on an exciting new interactive video initiative at BuzzFeed, requiring an advanced level of detail & organization.We are looking for a creative editor who is adept in learning new systems & formats for latest platforms.
- Partner with Creatives & Post-Production team editing a variety of BuzzFeed video content
- Prepare & assemble string outs, short content, & in-video graphics when requested
- Learn & help implement unique workflow processes for emerging platforms
- Work with tools to create unique video experiences
- Stay super organized in & adhere to internal SOPs for project naming conventions
- Collaborate with the Post-Production team to flag & communicate any watch-outs with the shoot & scope of creative.
- End-to-end edit multiple videos & formats both unscripted & scripted
- Quickly assemble edits & implement notes from creatives & clients
- Experiment with different versions of an edit, exploring multiple directions
- Support communication between Production & Post-Production teams
- Prep & Conform assets for delivery to vendors for sound mix & color correction & client deliverables
- Bachelors degree in Film, Communication (or related field/experience)
- 3+ years experience working in a professional environment on digital content
- Advanced knowledge of Mac OS & Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder & After Effects & 3rd party software
- Experience with codecs, image types, resolutions, frame rates as they pertain to digital media trends
- Emphasis on organization & attention to detail
- Detail-oriented, technical, & open to new ideas
- Work at a pace while effectively multitasking
- Flexibility to adapt with changing timelines & deliverables
- Passion & knowledge for editing theory
- Experience designing & laying in GFX/VFX
- Balance & grade color, & mix & level audio within Adobe Premiere
- Knowledgeable of social media & digital video platforms
- Proactive, positive team player, able to help guide projects from ingest to delivery
- Experience in interactive media is a plus
- Assistant Editing experience preferred
- Submit your cover letter, resume, & editor reel below
- You'll receive a confirmation of your submission & your information will be kept on file
- If your skills & experience are a match for our project needs, you will be contacted to gauge interest & availability
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation & benefits package
- Plenty of snacks (healthy & indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.