Do you find the governments acquisition systems antiquated & ineffective? Do you feel modern IT systems & technology advancements have ignored the acquisition community? Join Appian to drive adoption of our new Acquisition Management application. Help us modernize acquisition systems & provide the same intuitive & streamlined experience you expect from any modern application. Together we can help reduce redundant tasks, manual data entry, & document juggling & allow contracting professionals to concentrate on the value added tasks they were trained to do.
As a Federal Acquisition Specialist at Appian, you will be a key contributor to two Appian departments.
You will assist the Appian Solutions department to ensure the suite of Appian acquisition solutions are updated as Federal & DoD acquisition regulations & policies change. You will work directly with Appian Solution leads as well as engineers to translate federal acquisition changes into Appian solution configuration to be provided to Appian customers.
Additionally, you will help the Appian Legal department in its support of Appians business with federal agencies. You will be responsible for researching FAR / DFAR considerations & must remain current on all Federal acquisition regulations & policies & how they affect the Appian business.
Location: Tysons Corner, Virginia
- You have an in-depth knowledge & understanding of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS), & other government policies & practices relating to doing business with agencies.
- You have previous experience supporting federal contracting activity as any of the following: government 1102 (strongly preferred, especially within the DoD), contractor support, functional support for contracting application.
- You have previous experience supporting contracts involving information technology, software or cloud computing.
- You have knowledge of subcontractor relationships.
- You have the ability to analyze regulatory changes & determine their impact on application configurations.
- You have a BA in addition to 5+ years of experience.
- You are inquisitive, hard-working, able to thrive in a diverse, technology-driven work environment, & demonstrate sound judgment.
- You have experience at a technology company or government agency contract office.
How youll contribute:
- Maintain knowledge & deep understanding of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) & Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) policies & practices as they change.
- Review & negotiate teaming agreements, nondisclosure agreements, & related documents & forms.
- Participate in proposal preparation activities.
- Monitor & track compliance with contract requirements including small business subcontracting plans.
- Work directly with legal counsel to manage Appian Federal contracts.
- Work directly with Appian solution managers & engineers to maintain & ensure up to date compliance of Appian acquisition solutions with government regulations.
- Provide functional acquisition leadership & guidance internally regarding best practices through all phases of the federal acquisition lifecycle.
- Ability to develop acquisition knowledge & expertise among project team members.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.