--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
Dataminr is still actively hiring.
As the health & safety of our candidates & our employees comes first,
we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews & new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, & real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established & refined the leading AI platform for real-time event & risk detection. We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events & emerging risks within an increasingly diverse & complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, & better crisis management. Dataminr serves thousands of professionals in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, & actionable alerts to public & private sector organizations around the world.
Weve grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices & raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, & have fun. Join us & help the world manage risk in real time.
Who you are:
Youre a seasoned sales manager with 10+ years experience selling enterprise software or services & 5+ years experience managing high-performing enterprise sales teams. In this 100% coaching role, youll report to our SVP, Enterprise Sales & use your well-honed sales management skills to hire, manage & mentor a geographically dispersed team of enterprise SaaS sellers as we strategically grow our US Corporate Risk business. Under your guidance, your team will exceed their sales quotas while embracing the Miller Heiman sales process & personifying Dataminrs values. While your primary responsibility will be to drive sales through effective coaching & development of your team, youll also perform formal sales management activities including expectation setting (sales activity, pipeline management, coaching, etc.), in-the-field sales skill coaching, team recognition, forecasting, time & territory management, & client development.
- Analyze assigned territory & customer assignments to develop a plan of action in conjunction with the SVP Sales to grow revenue, & exceed teams assigned quota (e.g., retention, expansion and new business)
- Assign accounts to Account Executives (AE) or Account Managers (AM), optimizing the match between client needs, existing productive relationships, bandwidth, geographic location, & skills
- Through one-on-one sessions, establish territory-specific plans of action (e.g., who to target, weekly call activity, required sales behavior, etc.)
- Meet frequently with each AE or AM in the field to review sales productivity, selling behavior, progress-to-plan & sales pipeline accuracy, making any necessary adjustments & providing ongoing coaching. Might include up to 40% national travel.
- Work with key clients & establish relationships with relevant industry executives
- Recognize outstanding sales activity & performance within & outside the sales team
- Establish & lead a team culture that promotes engagement, performance, team work, accountability, & fun
- Hold salespeople accountable for achieving their quota, behavior & activity expectations, utilizing strategic coaching to address performance issues.
- Work collaboratively with other sales & functional leaders to ensure that all accounts are sold & serviced in an effective & efficient manner, & in compliance with our clients expectations
- Fully satisfy Dataminr & SVP, Enterprise Sales expectations related to sales reporting (sales activity, opportunity updates, pipeline, forecasting, customer profiling, etc.), & administration
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 5+ years of demonstrated success in leading sales teams that consistently achieve or exceed quota, along with the ability to attract, retain & grow top performers
- 10+ years of demonstrated success selling software or services to Fortune 1000 clients
- Post COVID-19, ability to be in the field in support of a nationally-dispersed sales team & client list, might include up to 40% travel including some overnight travel
- Willingness to work flexible hours in accordance with company needs/work flow demands
- High level of business & financial acumen, including well developed business management, organizational, selling, & team management skills
- Must have demonstrated ability to implement business plans to ensure revenue retention & expansion & ability to train/ lead/ reinforce a sales methodology with sellers.
- Proven ability to drive team performance results & work effectively in high-pressure & multiple-task environments
- Demonstrated interest in technology, artificial intelligence, & SaaS software.
- Ability to use technology & tools (Excel, Gmail, Clari, Salesforce.com, etc.) to run the business, possess solution selling skills, ability to understand & apply market intelligence to sales strategy
- Strong attention to detail
Our offering of competitive benefits & perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees & their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability & life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- Generous leave
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.