Company Description|Job Description
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes & providing them with the platform & network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, & workflow. We recognize that business is both messy & social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
Tradeshift is looking for an outstanding Lead Software Architect to join our Pay Rise R&D teams. You will become a member of a small, highly skilled team that sets the direction & standards for the architecture of several Tradeshift products. You provide architecture & technology leadership as well as mentoring & you take a leading role in technical discussions with our teams & stakeholders.
What a day is like
Reporting to VP of Engineering you are responsible for the development strategy of our systems & platforms across products & across locations. You translate business / functional requirements into a technical implementation strategy building the bridge between the product & engineering department. Technically you're supporting software engineering teams in constructing their software regarding scalability, availability, resilience & error handling, transaction distribution, asynchronous communication & you provide input to the strategic direction of technology investments to assist in the development of the architecture & maximize the return on technology investment. You leverage business value of newest IT technologies, estimation of their potential & initiation of implementation in projects.
You're perfect for this role if you
Hold a Master degree in software/system engineering, software architecture, computer science or information technology, & if you are experienced in designing & building large scale, distributed systems. You have worked 3+ years as a developer developing in complex cloud application environments, experienced in bringing software from development to production (big web shops, larger b2c platforms or online banking).
You also have
- Solid knowledge on how to design & develop API services & microservices & how orchestration between them has to be done.
- You know how to build solutions on cloud technology (AWS, Google, Azure etc.) & utilize SAAS components within the service landscape
- Your designs support a data driven approach
- Your have been responsible for running projects from both a business & a technical perspective & you know how to tackle the challenges arising
- You are fluent in English
Our Bucharest office is full of rebels - people who like to challenge the status quo. We're a fun group always looking for ways to make an impact & we enjoy the freedom & autonomy we are allowed in our jobs.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, & guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride & passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong matchin the middle of the work day, & then you'll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds & nations, & we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, & welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy & the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions & feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, & guts.
- Ambitious international startup, & agile environment in Bucharest, Romania
- Competitive compensation package
- Career & professional development opportunities (workshops, trainings etc.)
- Trips to design-camps for working with & learning from professionals in other countries
- Flexible work hours
- Company laptop provided
- Medical Subscription
- Meal tickets of 15 lei value for each working day
- Free drinks & snacks daily, fresh fruits every Monday & Wednesday
- Safe outdoor bike parking spot
- Access to Bookster
- Friendly & relaxed working atmosphere
- Relaxing spots, games - ping pong, board games
- Fun team-bonding events such as Team Camps, Hack-a-thons, Game & Field Days,
- Welcome Breakfast, Happy Hours, Birthdays Celebrations & more!