Were hiring a Growth Marketing Copywriter Consultant. This is a contract position.
About our team & what well build together
- The Growth Marketing team is responsible for reaching new audiences & engaging our current audience of 7M+ email subscribers while increasing theSkimms profile across search, social, web, SMS & more.
- The Growth Marketing Copywriter will own copy, writing & concepting of growth marketing & sales campaigns focused on subscriber acquisition, content promotion & more.
- Using data-driven decisions to innovate our marketing tactics, you will have the opportunity to work with a top-notch team of marketers & creative thinkers eager to push the boundaries of how we can grow our audience, stand out & make an impact.
- The Growth team embodies a start-up feeling with the foundation of a proven brand. This team can also grow as we prove success on our initial goals.
- We have a test & learn atmosphere where we are willing & excited to try unproven tactics. Our team members are diverse in experience & background with many different viewpoints. We are a collaborative group of people who are always willing to pitch in & help out in the pursuit of the betterment of theSkimm.
How youll contribute to our mission
- This individual will report to the Senior Director, Acquisition Marketing on the Growth team & work closely with a designer & media strategist to bring our campaigns to life
- Youll write compelling copy & concept creative paid media campaigns across web, email, social, search, SMS, landing pages & other areas of growth
- We are looking for a passionate storyteller who is hungry to learn & grow. This is someone who loves translating complex concepts into clear, concise & clever language that converts (say that ten times fast!)
- Youll be comfortable synthesizing reporting & insights with key recommendations to drive our strategy forward for every campaign & iteration
- You keep up with cultural trends & industry changes & strive to deliver impactful work
Youre ready for this! Heres a bit more about what were looking for
- 5+ years copywriting experience at an agency or on an in-house creative department
- Significant experience across digital channels & creative types
- Passion storyteller with an understanding of advertising & marketing metrics
- Sharp, witty & with-it in ways you can translate to your work
- Strong body of work that shows a knack for strategy, getting result
Our story, Skimmd
We are a digital media company, dedicated to succinctly giving women the information they need to make confident decisions. We make it easier to live smarter.
At our core, we are writers, editors, producers, designers, marketers, engineers, analysts, sellers, creatives, & strategists all working together to achieve this goal.
Everyday were breaking down the news, trends, policies, & politics that impact women so that they can navigate their daily lives & futures from managing their paychecks to casting their ballots with confidence. We provide our dedicated audience of millions with reliable, non-partisan, information, informing & empowering them while fitting into their daily routines.
Since disrupting the media landscape & defining a new category a decade ago, we have become a trusted source for our audience of millions by seamlessly integrating into their existing routines, fundamentally changing the way they consume news & make decisions. Today our ecosystem includes the Daily Skimm, the Daily Skimm: Weekend, Skimm Money & Skimm Your Life newsletters, three top-rated podcasts: Skimm This, 9 to 5ish with theSkimm & Pop Cultured with theSkimm, theSkimm mobile app, virtual course series SkimmU, & Skimm Studios which creates innovative in-house video & audio content. Our first book, How to Skimm Your Life debuted at #1 on The New York Times Best Seller list. Through Skimm Impact, our purpose-driven platform, we are proud to support get-out-the-vote efforts with Skimm Your Ballot, which has spurred one million voting-related actions across the last three election cycles, & it's #ShowUsYourLeave movement, creating transparency & change for Paid Family Leave in the U.S.
Learn more about us & our other opportunities here.
What about the office?
This is a contract role based in New York, NY with flexibility for remote work. This position can be fully remote.
Our office is available to use three days a week - Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday. We have a hybrid environment & ask that full-time employees within the New York Metro area come together in person a minimum of three days per month. All other days are up to the discretion of the employees during the three days a week that the office will be open. We are continuing to closely monitor the state of COVID-19 in New York & will adjust this plan accordingly.
We will require COVID-19 vaccinations for anyone coming to our office. We are following CDC recommendations & will also require additional boosters, & will always follow CDC & NY state guidance on wearing masks in the office.
*Any correspondence from our team will come from a @theskimm.com email account!