As the Senior Director of Global Production Technology, youll lead a team that keeps client infrastructure secure, redundant & scalable. The Global Production Technology team is responsible for technology solutions & Pelotons content streaming infrastructure across all US & international markets. We do this by developing & maintaining a media asset workflow that manages both live & video on demand (VOD) content. The goal is to ensure the highest quality video content for our members with the best technology for distribution. Our team also works with the production teams to manage the automated ingestion of new media. We also collaborate with software engineering to improve the quality of asset management.
- Comfortable leading global teams that work in a heavily matrixed organization
- Proactively identify & direct the work of others who build solutions that scale & work with
multiple teams on projects from idea to production.
- A global thinker & strategist who stays in touch with latest industry trends
- Passion for automating processes
- The right person can lead teams & will possess significant hands-on implementation
experience & demonstrate a strong knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
- The successful candidate will have spent 10 years of their career in customer-facing roles in the
field of video, video pipelines delivering software architecture, & a proven record of effective
collaborations across multiple internal organizations & interactions with partners and
- Experience negotiating & managing vendor relationships
- Experience managing global production budgets
- Lead & train a team of solution oriented collaborators that develop & improve the video
backend using state of the art technology platforms
- Lead a team of highly skilled & passionate team of multi-national engineers to build and
operate Pelotons video services
EXTENSIVE TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE & PROFICIENCY REQUIRED:
- Working with end-user developer communities.
- Supporting global partners & programs.
- Digital rights management.
- Video codecs & compression.
- Content encoding & transcoding.
- Broadcast/Broadband Television, Video-On-Demand.
- AWS media services.
- Creating AWS Lambda workflows for serverless workflows.
- AWS Elemental physical servers & cloud media services.
- Global medial delivery in a multi-CDN environment.
- AWS technologies from a dev/ops perspective
- Programming in Python or Go
- Videoand audio encoding (H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC...) or streaming (HLS, MPEG-DASH...)
- Development & support of production systems used in a 24x7 operations environment
- Excellent understanding of operating system / Linux fundamentals
- Working with networking protocols (such as TCP, TLS, HTTP/2)
- Diagnosing & troubleshooting complex systems using test tools, network management
systems, & error reporting systems
- Analyzing & improving efficiency, scalability, stability, reliability, & performance of CDN
- Hollywood grade DRM systems, i.e. Playready, Widevine & Fairplay
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brands immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, & Chromecast & Android TV. Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada & Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.