The Accountant is responsible for performing various financial close processes & reviewing financial data & reports for accuracy, completeness, & consistency to ensure GAAP compliance.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Prepare & review journal entries as part of month end close process
- Prepare & review reconciliations of balance sheet accounts as part of month end close process to ensure financial results of operations are accurately represented & in conformity with US GAAP
- Prepare special financial reports by collecting, analyzing & summarizing account information & trends
- Perform accounting analysis, such as, but not limited to, balance sheet accounts, expense & salary accruals, department expense analysis, prepaid & insurance, employee relocations, travel advances, etc.
- Assist with internal & external audits
- Other duties as assigned from time to time
- Identify & research account discrepancies
- Define & post re-class entries as needed
- Review general ledger accounts & correct journal entries
- Provide backup assistance to team members when needed to ensure all activities are accomplished in a timely manner
The requirements of this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- 1-3 years’ experience working in private / public accounting or audit function
- CPA certification with public or large accounting environment preferred
- Technical accounting knowledge with a deep understanding of US GAAP
- Experience in a CPG manufacturing experience a plus
- Knowledge of ERP systems (SAP) a plus
- Proficient in MS Office - Excel/Word - solid working knowledge
- Excellent organizational ability
- Problem solving
- Effective communication
- Ability to meet deadlines
Since our founding 10 years ago, we’ve always been a different kind of company. After moving to New York from his native Turkey, our CEO Hamdi Ulukaya found that in America, yogurt just wasn’t as delicious or widely available as it was back home. He thought everyone deserved better options, so he set about making delicious, nutritious, natural, & accessible Greek Yogurt right here in the U.S.
Our mission since day one has been to provide better food to more people. And now as the No. 1-selling Greek Yogurt brand in America & the second largest overall yogurt manufacturer, we believe every food maker has a responsibility to provide people with better options, which is why we’re so proud of the way our food is made.
Our food philosophy of crafting quality products with simple ingredients is what makes Chobani a different kind of yogurt. Our belief that business done right has the ability to change lives & strengthen communities is what makes Chobani a different kind of company. From the way we source our ingredients to how we treat our employees, Chobani strives to make universal wellness happen sooner with everything we do. Certified as a Great Place to Work® for the last two years, our culture is built on shared passion, dedication, & a commitment to doing what is right. Together, the Chobani family has created something unlike what any company has done before. The possibilities are endless.
Chobani is an equal opportunity employer. Chobani will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, military and/or veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics & genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state & local laws.