WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration & workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, & we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market & define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 100,000 businesses, including 67% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
The Box Preview team handles 8M+ requests every day, allowing users to view & collaborate on top of hundreds of file types in the cloud from any device. The Preview team supports advanced customer use cases like watermarking, annotations, comments, versioning, integrations & many more. Join us in building the next set of industry-differentiating use cases for the content cloud.
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is the only company that can help enterprises transform how people work together. We are committed to hitting aggressive technological & revenue goals. Thats where you come in.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Conceptualize & evangelize new technologies that allow the platform to achieve the vision listed above
- Work closely with Engineering Leadership to develop strategies for evolving the platform
- Collaborate with Product Management to help refine requirements & break down complex projects into meaningful shippable units & lead the effort
- Deliver product features & enhancements to customers via technical design, estimation, project planning, & execution
- Improve the current code base & infrastructure
- Model best practices in crafting systems & code with sound architectures, testability, scalability & maintainability
- Communicate technical ideas & direction across the organization
WHO YOU ARE
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of Software Development experience in distributed systems
- Expert in data structures, algorithms, databases, cloud infrastructure
- Strong coder with demonstrated proficiency in languages like Java, Scala, C++, and/or Node.js
- Experienced in leading complex projects that span multiple platforms & teams
- Good understanding of the network stack, TCP/IP & HTTP protocol
- Expertise in Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery
- Possess strong written & verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Docker / Kubernetes / Containerization
- Have had exposure to public cloud (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Remote friendly
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, & any other protected ground of discrimination under applicable human rights legislation. Box strives to respect the dignity & independence of people with disabilities & is committed to giving them the same opportunity to succeed as all other employees. Accommodations are available throughout the application process & an employees employment at Box.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
To promote the health & safety of all Boxers & our communities, in order to "Go to Work" at Box in the U.S., you must be Fully Vaccinated or have an approved accommodation. "Go(ing) to Work" at Box is defined as visiting a Box office, facility, or co-working site, visiting or meeting in person with fellow Boxers, Box clients and/or customers, vendors, or partners, engaging in business travel, & or participating in any Box-sponsored and/or related activity where others are present. If you are fully remote & do not "Go to Work, the vaccination requirement is not applicable. "Fully Vaccinated" means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. If you are unable to get a vaccine due to a medical condition, a sincerely-held religious belief or another legally recognized reason, Box will consider requests for an accommodation.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our Personnel Privacy Notice.