Senior Supply Chain Manager
Location: Columbus, OH; Cincinnati, OH; New York, NY; Seattle, WA
WHO ARE WE?
If the BARK experience is a theatrical production, the Logistics & Fulfillment team is the wizard behind the curtain making sure all 1,000 things go according to plan & millions of dogs are happy. We're the people who get our product where it needs to go: from supplier to our Fulfillment Center network & then to our end customers by all the necessary means possible (TEU, LCL, small parcel, LTL, FTL). We are obsessed with logistics & relentless on performance, but we're not afraid to have fun! We like to think we're superheroes your dog doesn't even know about. No capes, but we type faster than you can fly & don't rest until pups are barking at the door in anticipation of BARK products landing on their doorstep.
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR
Were seeking an experienced supply chain & logistics expert who knows how to get a job done efficiently. The Fulfillment Team at Bark has the massive task of delivering over 1,000,000 direct to consumer orders on-time & complete each month, at the best possible cost, & this person is going to help power us to perfection. This person isnt afraid to roll up their sleeves & get into the details of where our inventory is located vs. where it should be located. The Sr. Supply Chain Manager is responsible for ensuring all inventory is on-hand, ready-to-go as our monthly production schedule demands. This position is both hands-on & strategy-based, so we need someone who isnt afraid of the weeds but also recognizes when its time to come up for air & reset a strategy entirely. This person knows how to zoom way out, identify areas of risk & potential improvement, & act swiftly to improve whatever isnt working perfectly.
Provide our 3rd party operating partners a platform for constant success by:
- Owning Barks Workable Kit Plan which connects expected inbound inventory to 3P FC Kit Planning & Labor Planning, making the end-to-end process transparent for both Bark & our 3P FCs
- Identifying & troubleshooting inventory discrepancies & partnering with Barks Planning & Inbound teams to coordinate necessary inter-warehouse transfers or item swaps, ultimately ensuring on-time kit building & customer fulfillment
- Taking part in daily & weekly meetings with each 3P FC leadership team to discuss performance to plan, successes, failures, opportunities, & noteworthy trends across FC functions like receiving, kit building, order processing, & shipping
- Leading demand planning for critical supplies at Barks 3P FCs -- namely corrugate supply -- powering smooth daily, weekly, & monthly operations & avoiding production-halting shortages at all costs
- Monitoring 3P FC productivity as it relates to inbound processing, kitting, & outbound fulfillment while communicating forecast & plan changes that are necessary for meeting SLAs
- Creating & circulating high-level product flow planning, bringing internal & management visibility to inventory flow, storage utilization, dead stock, etc.
- Forecasting real-time storage capacity for each 3P FC in order to avoid storage constraints
- Helping manage Barks inventory & executing make-space plans through unkitting, outbound transfers, donations, & product disposals
- Documenting & archiving current fulfillment processes & flows
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 8+ years in supply chain operations (Planning, Order Fulfillment, Outbound Shipping)
- Deep understanding of inventory control & impact on the operation, including policies, procedures, exception handling, & basic accounting & finance implications
- Past experience working in a fast-paced supply chain environment heavily reliant on 3rd party providers
- Must have a proven track record of concepting a supply chain initiative, conducting analysis to prove its viability, & implementing successfully
- Advanced analytical & problem-solving skills; advanced understanding of spreadsheets, presentations, & internal ERP systems
- Experience in various WMS systems, internal or external, including the integration process & flow of data in & out of the WMS
- Strong project management background including management of concurrent projects
- Proficient in Google Applications (i.e. Google Sheets, Docs, Gmail, etc.) & Microsoft Excel
- Good team & facilitator skills; working knowledge of continuous improvement methods/techniques
- Ability to build relationships, gain trust, & professionally gather results & information with a steadfast sense of urgency; obsession with closing out out open items
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Possesses an entrepreneurial drive & continuously innovates to achieve great results
- Obsession with dogs & dog puns; you love dogs so much that some people think you have a problem
This is a salaried position. In the long-term, It is located on-site at one of our office or warehouse locations in Columbus, OH, Cincinnati, OH, New York, NY, or Seattle, WA. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.