Vox Media is the leading independent modern media company. Known for building the best media brands & the technology that enables them, we are committed to building a better future for the industry & getting the future of media right. Vox Medias editorial networks include Vox, The Verge, SB Nation, Eater, Polygon, Recode, & Curbed. Our diverse storytelling & advertising businesses include the Concert publisher-led marketplace, the Vox Creative brand studio, the Chorus publishing platform, & the companys entertainment division Vox Media Studios, which includes the Vox Media Podcast Network & Epic.
The Media & Production Technology (MPT) team is looking for a full-time Manager of Media Technology.
The MPT group enthusiastically supports the production & post-production ecosystems across Vox Media networks & businesses. There are countless dynamic & exciting audio & video productions occurring every day in our facilities & the MPT teams develop & manage the many systems that are the foundation of this work.
What youll do:
- Responsible for holistic technical leadership in support of post-production teams, ensuring the timely delivery of a high volume of quality videos for distribution & daily operational needs.
- Work in collaboration with our Director of Post-Production Technology & the Senior Manager of Media Inventory to develop our media asset management (MAM) system in the creation of an optimal work environment for our end-users.
- Keep informed in the latest media asset management technology trends & innovations to guide the evolution of our MAM & remote workflow development.
- Manage a team of media asset managers, develop efficiencies for archive & retrieval, as well as manage & set retention policies for storage.
- Develop & oversee the administration of our MAM system & associated procedures for ingesting, metadata tagging, deletion policies, access management, publishing, & archiving of its contents.
- Assist & collaborate with the Senior Manager of Media Inventory in the creation of a media library/content archive.
- Act as one of the main stakeholders, strategizers, & communicators with post tech vendors to maintain maximum robustness of our post tech ecosystem.
- Provide training & support to Vox Medias MAM system users. Create curriculum & provide ongoing education to our post tech teams as well as our content creators.
- Collaborate with the Post-Production team to create training & SOP documentation.
- Work in partnership to maintain, & assign metadata for assets to ensure accurate usage rights that meet the criterion for Vox Medias unique requirements.
- Manage SAN storage, deletion policies, overage warnings
- Partner with engineering to manage & administer transcoding workflows utilizing metadata.
- Collaborate & work with engineering to properly escalate technical issues.
- Act as an administrator of transcoders, frame.io, & Adobe CC.
What youll bring:
- At least 8 years experience with post-production workflows & technologies including media asset management, taxonomy, & metadata creation.
- Significant familiarity with Mac operating systems, Adobe Creative Cloud, DaVinci Resolve, Avid Pro-Tools, Vantage Telestream, Stornext Storage systems, SAN, NAS, FileCatalyst, UDP File Delivery, Media Asset Management, metadata governance, taxonomy, codecs, & file formats.
- Highly organized leadership skills in digital media workflow creation & optimization as well as team building & talent development.
- Able to take direction & collaborate within a team as well as work independently.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects & priorities simultaneously.
- Experience with Evolphin MAM.
- Experience & interest in AI development & utilization.
Vox Media values thinkers, creatives, & obsessives from all backgrounds. Vox Media employees thrive on innovation & change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, & improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology & the world around them. We are looking to hire the right person - not the right resume. We encourage those with diverse & non-traditional experience to apply.
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.