Similarwebs market intelligence solutions provide Consumer Brands & Digital Marketplace customers with insights to help them understand, track & grow their market share. At Similarweb we bring together the industrys top talent to work together that transforms the way that businesses make decisions.
We're looking for a Senior Industry Manager an evangelist for Consumer Brands & Digital Marketplaces. You will be responsible for enabling Similarwebs sales, marketing, & product teams to deliver value for clients & prospects in this industry. And youll have the opportunity to directly advise a diverse set of the most influential brands & marketplaces in the world on their strategic initiatives.
This is a full time position based in New York & reporting to the Head of Industry.
So, what will you be doing all day?
- Provide Industry Expertise
- Be the expert on the macro & micro dynamics impacting companies in various consumer products & goods verticals & the underlying organizational structures inherent in these brands
- Be an expert on dynamics impacting how consumers are purchasing products - brick & mortar, eCommerce marketplaces, & D2C
- Articulate different use cases, value propositions, & selling opportunities to support stakeholders such as marketing, sales, & product strategy teams
- Evaluate the industrys sales funnel performance & provide guidance on increasing market penetration
- Internal Go-To-Market Enablement & Support
- Develop industry specific value propositions for Similarwebs products & deliver industry specific sales collateral anchored on value to support sales efforts
- Partner with the enablement team to develop the appropriate level of industry understanding so the various go-to-market job functions can effectively value sell
- Develop the strategy to deepen TAM penetration by segmenting the opportunity & identifying priority target accounts
- Engage directly with Sales & Account Managers for enterprise & strategic clients & prospects to drive understanding of complex client problems & challenges & tie in Similarwebs capabilities to solve those problems
- Meet with key client & prospect stakeholders & users to advise on strategy, deployment, & usage of Similarweb
- External Marketing & Evangelism
- Partner with marketing to develop industry content (e.g. whitepapers, reports) anchored on relevant insights for the purposes of brand building & prospecting across multiple channels
- Promote the Similarweb brand through thought-leadership & media appearances (e.g. TV interviews, events)
- When relevant, partner with marketing & GTM to develop account based marketing plans
- Industry & Product Strategy:
- Provide a feedback loop with the Product Team to help drive the product forwards with feature suggestions, market feedback & validation with the industrys needs in mind
This is the perfect job for someone with:
- 5+ years of marketing, strategy, or category management experience in a consumer brand or digital marketplace
- MBA preferred
- Ability to navigate within a brand or marketplaces organizational structure, connecting pain points & opportunities
- Deep understanding of market & industry dynamics impacting these brands & marketplaces
- Ability to articulate the macro & micro business challenges facing CPG brands & purchase channels
- Strong analytical, problem solving & critical thinking skills
- Ability to work independently, be proactive & seek out opportunities
- Confident presenter & public speaker
- Passion for digital marketing & emerging trends in the evolving digital landscape
- Highly skilled in Excel, Powerpoint, & Google equivalents
- Experience producing high quality, client-facing materials
- Comfortable in a fast-paced & deadline-driven environment
Why youll love being a Similarwebber:
Youll actually love the product you work with: Our customers arent our only raving fans. When we asked our employees why they chose to come work at Similarweb, 99% of them said the product. Imagine how exciting your job is when you get to work with the most powerful digital intelligence platform in the world.
Youll find a home for your big ideas: We encourage an open dialogue & empower employees to bring their ideas to the table. Youll find the resources you need to take initiative & create meaningful change within the organization.
We offer competitive perks & benefits: We take your well-being seriously, & offer competitive compensation packages to all employees. We also put a strong emphasis on community, with regular team outings & happy hours.
You can grow your career in any direction you choose: Interested in becoming a VP or want to transition into a different department? Whether its Career Week, personalized coaching, or our ongoing learning solutions, youll find all the tools & opportunities you need to develop your career right here.
Diversity isnt just a buzzword: People want to work in a place where they can be themselves. We strive to create a workplace that is reflective of the communities we serve, where everyone is empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We are committed to inclusivity across race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity & experience. We believe our culture of equality & mutual respect also helps us better understand & serve our customers in a world that is becoming more global, more diverse, & more digital every day.
This position may be based in one of several locations. If your position will be based in SimilarWebs New York City office or will require travel to the New York City office, your offer will be contingent upon proof of COVID-19 vaccination, as required by the New York City Commissioner of Health & Mental Hygiene.