At Convene, were changing the way the world works by transforming the way businesses work. By partnering with the largest landlords in commercial real estate, we design & service the next generation office building one that feels more like a full-service, lifestyle hotel. Our integrated workplace-as-a-service platform gives building tenants & enterprise clients access to a growing network of premium meeting & event spaces, flexible workspaces, hospitality services, & curated experiences for users, all connected by Convenes proprietary technology platform.
- Founded in 2009
- Locations in New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, & Washington, D.C.; Opening in LA in 2018 & plans to expand globally.
- Launched Convene Workplace in 2017
- Ranked #11 Workplace in New York in 2017 by Fortune Magazine
- Ranked #30 in 2017 Linkedin Annual List of Industry Disruptors
About the Role:
As a Lead QA Automation Engineer , you will design & develop detailed test plans & automation test strategy based on product requirements. You will have responsibility of owning the automation suite for all of the Convene products. In addition to logging, tracking & verifying defect fixes, you will manage releases by planning regression cycles & producing required quality artifacts. You will also be responsible for participating in all aspects of testing, including functional, regression, load & system testing.
As part of the Quality Assurance (QA) Automation team you will be primarily responsible for ensuring completeness of the test case coverage, running automation tests & monitoring results. You should be a self-motivated leader, a strong team contributor, a problem solver, & are eager to learn new skills while taking pride in testing quality software.
Additional responsibilities include:
- You will design/develop automated test scripts/scenarios.
- You will collaborate with Product Owners, Developers & other QA team members as required on acceptance criteria that need to be tested.
- You will develop & execute thorough test plans in a timely & efficient manner.
- You will follow/improve the quality of the testing processes.
- You will keep up to date with current new technologies & incorporate them into testing process as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of direct experience in software quality assurance automation
- Knowledge of test automation frameworks
- Experience in Automated Testing with Cucumber or Selenium, as well as Junit, Spock, TestNG, FlexUnit, LoadRunner, or SoapUI
- Understanding of Agile development practices
- Knowledge of software testing practices, including test planning, test automation - API & UI, & defect management
- Database Tools (at least 1 of the following): Oracle, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, SQL Developer or other query tools
- Understanding of services (example: Rest), Json & XML data formats
- Knowledge of both Behavior Driven Development (BDD) & Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Jenkins, GIT, Putty, sftp, WinScp, Unix commands
- Knowledge of IDE tools such as Eclipse, IntelliJ, Atom, Webstorm
- Knowledge of build & deploy tools; Docker, NPM, webpack, Maven & Jenkins is required.
- Defect Tracking with JIRA
- Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, IE, Safari
- Mobile platforms, Android & iOS
- SQL Scripting
- Knowledge of CI to create builds using Jenkins
- Agile/ Scrum