Love data & predicting emerging trends? Interested in sharing your thoughts with over 500,000 industry experts? Keep reading.
CB Insights' Intelligence Unit is hiring a Summer intern who will work closely with analysts & editors to produce data-driven reports that will get published on our research portal & daily newsletter.
In the last 12 months, CB Insights quantitative research on technology companies & technology trends has been cited by 3,061 media outlets & is read daily by hundreds of thousands of executives, billionaires, & VCs. In this role, you will be tasked with identifying & writing about emerging trends related to artificial intelligence, blockchain, cybersecurity, digital health, fintech, & much more.
Data sets that the intern will help the team analyze & fuse include:
- Public market data
- Earnings transcripts
- M&A & investment data
- Business relationships
- Market sizings
- Assist the intelligence analysts with research briefs, chart building, quantitative research, data wrangling, & other tasks.
- Learn to work with the CB Insights platform, Excel, & WordPress in addition to a light overview of SQL.
- Create market maps & other data visualizations.
- Propose quantitative driven ideas & construct graphs that show a clear trend intent.
- Help in production & data gathering for high volume media requests, including webinars, in-depth reports, & events.
- Other projects as needed.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong grasp of numbers & data as well as a zeal for accuracy
- Strong writing skills
- Basic analytical Excel skills
- Interest in learning about tech startups & venture capital as well as public markets