Contentsquare is a global SaaS technology company that empowers brands to build better digital experiences for all. We have been recognized by Gartner as one of the four most innovative ecommerce companies in the world, & have featured in Wired Magazine as one of Europe's hottest startups.
Contentsquare has 10 main offices across the world ( New York, London, Paris, Munich, San Francisco, Barcelona, Amsterdam, Tel Aviv, Tokyo, & Singapore) with 750+ clients globally including Fortune 100 companies like HSBC, Sainsbury's, Spotify, Asos & Microsoft. We've been experiencing tremendous growth as our team has grown from ~300 to 1000+ employees globally, & raised a $500M Series E funding in May 2021.
As our growth accelerates further we are looking to hire 1,500 positions globally in the next 3 years. We are looking for talented people like you to join us & help us continue to innovate & improve online experiences for all. We want the most ambitious, unique & enthusiastic people to join us & help us in this mission. Come join the #CSquad family!
The role :
Data Engineers at Contentsquare either work within Product units, or in Data Core teams.
While Product units focus on building a specific module or part of the Product together with their R&D peers & the Product Manager, Data Core teams are responsible for the scalability, the reliability & the performance of the shared components of the data stack.
They build a long-term technical vision & get prepared for the next features & challenges to come. They also provide guidelines, support & tooling to the Product units which need to work on those components.
There are three Data Core teams today, each of which focuses on a specific part of our stack
- Data Processing (ingestion pipelines & data lifecycle management)
- Data Storage (mainly around Clickhouse, our Analytics Database)
- Data Segmentation (data APIs & query engine).
You will be accountable for the successful planning & execution of the Data Core teams projects roadmap.
What you will do :
- Work closely with managers & tech leads from each team, understand their technical vision & goals, help them to refine & prioritize their projects accordingly.
- Maintain a clear & reasonable vision of next steps & milestones overview for each critical project under your scope.
- Animate quarterly roadmap review & preparation phases.
- Animate recurring meetings with stakeholders & leadership to review progress, cross teams dependencies, risk mitigations & action plans for resolution
- Act as a cross-functional liaison to ensure relevant areas of the product house are involved.
- Proactively improve the collaboration between Product & Data Core teams by proposing processes optimizations.
What you will need to succeed :
- 7-10 years of experience in program & project management, including complex, long-term projects involving multiple teams.
- Familiarity with agile software development practices (Scrum, Kanban)
- A clear understanding of big data technical challenges & architectures.
- A strong technical background (a past experience in software development would be recommended), with the ability to fully understand & challenge the impacts of a project in terms of workload, cost, performance, & more generally of technical / functional trade-offs.
- Outcome-driven mindset, capable of operating autonomously
- Ability to build strong relationships across teams & at all levels.
- Ability to negotiate & influence the vision of the stakeholders.
- Ability to balance short term optimizations with long term vision.
- Highly functional in a dynamic, challenging, & technical environment.