See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Principal Software Engineer (Tech Lead) - Phone Numbers
Who we are & why were hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications & data solutions that help companies & developers worldwide build better applications & customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia & Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism & all forms of oppression & bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, & we're looking for more builders, creators, & visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to to take Phone Numbers Products to the next level. You will be part of an experienced team building & complex, high-scale, highly-available distributed systems that are heavily used by internal & external clients. Our team has end-to-end ownership of services & processes that solve complex, multi step business problems for our customers.
In this role, youll:
- Work with product management & write design specifications, technical blueprints for new products & services.
- Articulate & align the team's long term technical vision.
- Build tools & practices to elevate the engineering team.
- Lead & mentor the engineering team.
- Operate services at scale & help debug complex production issues.
- Build APIs, storage systems, cache layers & complex workflows to support business requirements.
- Participate in agile development with rapid, iterative, frequently deployed applications.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, & we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having desired qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 7+ years of experience building resilient, high-throughput services & distributed systems.
- Comfortable with asynchronous communications & multi-threading concepts & languages.
- Experience with technologies like MySQL, Kafka, Redis, Memcached.
- Strong understanding of REST APIs.
- Experience troubleshooting complex production issues.
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science related field is a minimum requirement.
- Experience with Java/Python.
- Experience with workflow technologies like temporal.
- Experience with AWS based technologies like Aurora DB, SQS, Cloud Watch.
This role will be remote or based in the SF Bay area.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental & wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, & much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, & are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering & donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, & be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
(Location dependent information)
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $193,760 - $242,200
- Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions & eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidates starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, & geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilios equity plan & for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state & local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.