Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, & gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, & user experience.
We are growing quickly, & this is the time to get on board & play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
Magic Leap is seeking full-time technical wizards in embedded mobile operating systems at our corporate headquarters in Plantation, Florida. Provide your expertise to help us design, optimize, & develop an operating system capable of supporting the most optimal user experience ever seen.
If you are the successful candidate, you will get to work on a system that requires strict timing tolerances under heavy loads, novel approaches to displaying content, & much more. You will get to make tough technical decisions that help shape the direction of our product.
As the ideal candidate, you will have a significant track record of working on embedded device drivers.
- Part of team to deliver full Platform SW to rest of MagicLeap SW team, this includes writing drivers for all needed hw peripherals, writing the sw to boot the Operating System (including memory initialization, & platform initialization).
- Develop SW to test system functionality for use in debugging issues & factory validation.
- Debug Timing, Race Conditions, Memory issues on a daily basis in a timely manner, & may include use of JTAG debuggers, logic analyzers, etc.
- May have to travel to factory to debug HW-SW issues onsite in order to build MagicLeap hardware with quality & deliver units on time to various other teams.
- Work with other teams: HW, apps SW, middleware SW to debug cross-functional issues such as memory corruption, timing issues, & performance issues. Write detailed reports on the problem statement & how it was solved to be used as reference for future issues.
- Fluent in the C language
- Experience with embedded development practices
- Experience desired in Linux & other micro kernels, with sensitivity to performance, memory utilization, & extensible architectures
- Experience in designing & implementing asynchronous or concurrent multithreaded systems
- Must understand common protocols for communication with hardware & other software modules
- Must be a good communicator & self-motivated to complete projects, & enjoy hw-sw debugging
- Experience with real-time & time-critical systems
- Experience with machine vision
- Experience in a high-volume production environment
- Experience with commonly-used mobile operating systems (i.e. Android or iOS)
- Experience with using jtag / jlink debuggers, logic analyzers & other debuggers
- Experience in writing drivers for various peripherals over various interfaces: I2C, SPI, USB, PCIE
- Ability to work directly with hardware team for device bringup & debugging a plus
- Experience with embedded databases or interprocessor communication layers is a plus
- Factory testing process experience is a plus
- BA/BS is required
- MS or higher is preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.