Are you looking to marry your passion for technology with your penchant for strategic problem-solving? As an Application Engineer, youll build & deploy web-based applications on the Appian platform to support our internal teams.
In this role, you will become an expert on our software; from implementing the first business process management application to scaling up the program across the enterprise, you will bring our Digital Transformation Platform to life. The best part is that we use the Appian platform to run our business.
You will be successful in this role if you will be able to:
- Quickly learn the latest cutting edge technology (i.e. artificial intelligence, robotic process automation, etc) & dogfood pre-released versions of the Appian software.
- Design, implement, & provide demonstrations of solutions built on Appian software using an agile methodology.
- Leverage experience in a range of critical process improvement disciplines, including business process management, knowledge management, personalization, business intelligence, & application integration.
- Independently communicate internal high-level stakeholders throughout the entire life-cycle of projects to define, design, & implement business process based solutions.
- Immediately impact Appian by analyzing stakeholder business strategy & business processes to develop corresponding technical solutions that provide an intuitive user experience.
- Implement quality assurance plans, load testing, & roll-out plans.
- Can effectively communicate with people of various personalities & are not afraid to voice your opinion.
- Triage & troubleshoot production issues & provide ongoing support to various business applications.
- You enjoy working with stakeholders to define business processes & gather functional system requirements. You are not an order taker; you ask why questions & solve the right problems.
- Youre educated, with at least a BS in Computer Science and/or related field/degree.
- You have excellent communication skills.
- You have 2-5 years of job experience in software development or related field.
- You have a solid foundation of, or love for, technology.
- Preferred experience with relational databases (MySQL or similar) including designing data models & entity relationship diagrams from business use cases.
Appian provides a leading low-code software development platform that enables organizations to rapidly develop powerful & unique applications. Here at Appian, we put our Low-Code product to the test with every idea that we transformed into an application & every mission-critical application that we rely on to run our business. It is Appian's unmatched speed, power, & ease that we are continually improving our internal use & feedback loop with our Product Managers. We are proud to have earned the #1 position on The Washington Posts Top Workplaces 2018 list in the Large Employer category.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.