Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, & chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
With close to 5 million monthly active users in 186 countries, the Meetup platform generates a wealth of great data. Data that helps Product Managers validate the impact of new features. Data that fuels the partnerships needed to reach 1 billion Meetup users. Data that can be used to connect our members & organizers IRL through personalized recommendations.
The Data & Machine Learning team is looking for a Senior Product Manager to democratize access & extract maximum value from our data. As an expert in data & analytics, you will be responsible for reimagining how we use technology & data to enable better decisions at Meetup. Success in this role will require the development of strong working relationships & interactions with senior leaders, engineers, product managers & marketers across Meetup.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to identify & close gaps in existing data tooling
- Identify & prioritize opportunities where data science can deliver business critical insights
- Foster better decisions at Meetup by evangelizing, enforcing & enabling an A/B testing culture
- Create a data platform to collect & disseminate data in low-latency best supporting data-driven decisions & enabling personalization at scale
- Maintain a project roadmap adding the most customer value by estimating impact & optimizing the sequence of individual tasks
- 5+ years experience building, delivering, developing & designing data tools, services, & products
- Experience effectively communicating technical subject-matter to both technical & non-technical audiences
- Strong analytic skills, SQL proficiency & familiarity with data-driven product development tools
- Deep understanding of & experience with A/B testing methodologies & how their usage builds a more successful product
- Successful track record of managing projects & working collaboratively across multiple engineering, product management & marketing teams
- Experience creating user value through business intelligence tooling (Looker, Google Analytics) & applied statistics at scale (machine learning models)
- Have a passion for bringing people together, creating community and changing lives
Our team is bold, supportive, & passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change & building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?