SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER (SWARM)
Swarm is enabling global connectivity with the world's most affordable satellite network. Our mission is to connect people & devices from anywhere in the world at the lowest cost.
Swarm has developed the worlds smallest two-way communication satellites. Through our constellation we provide low-bandwidth, low-cost connectivity to return data from anywhere on Earth, focusing on regions without cell or WiFi coverage. Our unique economics make Swarms network, ground hardware, & web platform accessible at the industrys lowest costs to deliver maximum value to customers. Swarm provides IoT tracking & data return services for industrial/sensor networks, particularly those in the maritime shipping, agriculture, energy, & ground transportation industries.
As an engineer, you will design, develop & test software. You will be responsible for the complete life cycle of the software you create, from development to testing to operation during a mission. Aerospace experience is not required to be successful here - rather we look for smart, motivated, collaborative engineers who love solving problems & want to make an impact on a super inspiring mission.
- Understand & implement technologies across the full stack (JAVA Spring Boot, React, TypeScript, AWS, Postgres & Redis).
- Own all aspects of software development, including design, testing, & mission integration.
- Provide strong technical leadership, focus on continuous improvement.
- Bachelors degree in computer science, engineering, math, or science discipline AND 2+ years of professional software engineering experience; OR 4+ years of experience in software development in lieu of a degree.
- Full stack development experience in Java, C, C++, or Python.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience front-end frameworks such as Polymer, Lit Element, React, or Angular
- Knowledge of computer architecture & networks
- Experience in debugging, performance optimization & unit testing
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs & requirements
- Ability to work independently & in a team, take initiative, & communicate effectively
- Ability to work extended hours & weekends if needed
- Must be able to travel (up to 10%) to other SpaceX locations
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence & qualifications & will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceXs Affirmative Action Plan for veterans & individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.