Recipe for Success – The FDC Jr. Driver is responsible for providing efficient & safe delivery of boxes to our customers within the NYC Metro Area (5 Boroughs & other areas). A driver operates a refrigerated truck & also operates a hand truck to assist when making deliveries.
Key ingredients –
- 21 years of age or older
- Ability to clearly communicate & read in English
- Must be able to work weekends (Saturday & Sunday) & Holidays
- Must be able to work a flexible shift (mornings and/or evenings)
- Ability to complete all basic & recurring training
- Must be able to deliver orders up to 50 lbs in weight to the appropriate destination within a scheduled time [this may include walking up or down several flights of stairs]
- Must be comfortable interacting with customers
- Must have a strong commitment to customer service & safety
- Comfort /familiarity with basic smartphone operations
- Ability to utilize smartphones for two-way communication with our Operations Team
- Ability to prioritize & make decisions independently
- Ability to navigate a route successfully & independently
- Must embody & demonstrate company values & culture
Motor Vehicle Record requirements:
- Must have a valid NY, NJ, CT, MD, DE, VA, DC or PA driver license
- 3 points or less on a motor vehicle report
- No suspensions within the past 12 months & no more than 1 suspension in the past 3 years
- No more than 1 accident in the past three years
- cannot have more than 3 moving violations within the past 3 years
WARNING: Our food is processed in a facility that does not contain people who are toxic, rude, disrespectful, arrogant, egotistical, self-promoting, inconsiderate, or mean-spirited.
Who is FreshDirect?
Launched in New York City in 2002, FreshDirect is a leading online fresh food grocer delivering farm-fresh foods & brand-name groceries directly to the doors of customers throughout five Northeastern U.S. states, including New York City & Philadelphia. We are committed to sourcing the freshest & best-tasting meat, fish, produce & specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers & farmers around the world, & its in-house team of chefs & bakers produce a wide selection of freshly-made meals, baked goods & more.
Our company aspires to be a valued corporate partner in all communities in which it serves, & works extensively with dozens of charitable & community partners.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career & feed your future & have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits & we go above & beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine - lots of food, lots of energy, & a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible & generous PTO plan
- 20% discount on FreshDirect & FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
- Summer barbecues & and annual company picnic for friends & family
Learn more @FreshDirect on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube!
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature & level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, & skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified & meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job.