Ripples mission is to enable payments every way, everywhere for everyone. We believe connecting traditional financial entities like banks, payment providers & corporations with emerging blockchain technologies & users is the path to an open, decentralized, & more inclusive financial future. This Internet of Value gives any internet-enabled person, application or device access to financial services that are transparent, fast, reliable, & cheap. Delivering this vision is a challenge of massive scale spanning $155 trillion in annual cross border fiat payments & the $1.5 trillion market of digital assets that has grown 10X in the last year.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning Operations to join a new team charged with determining & delivering optimal liquidity for every customer in the world in a cost-effective, robust & scalable manner. Candidates will partner closely with applied scientists & engineers to build out a ML infrastructure to enable delivering scalable production machine learning services to solve these liquidity challenges. You will be responsible for the design & implementation of the infrastructure & tools to create & deploy production models. Ideal candidates will have a track record of technical excellence in designing, building & delivering reliable solutions as part of a team. As a member of a new initiative, you must be passionate about inventing & delivering customer-focused solutions to ambitious & ambiguous challenges.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Be an entrepreneurial builder, working up & down the data stack, mixing data engineering, machine learning & software engineering to jumpstart this new initiative.
- Design & build effective, user-friendly infrastructure to enable scalable, auditable, compliant & maintainable machine learning services at Ripple.
- Collaborate with machine learning engineers, software engineers & product managers to develop platform to support ML workflows including experimentation, training & production operations
- Build & maintain systems with an infrastructure-as-code approach
- Establish & manage the cloud stack (AWS or GCP or Databricks) required for ML resources
- Design & implement tools & processes for the entire ML Ops including model development, model deployment, model serving, model monitoring & experimentation.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Degree in computer science or other quantitative field; masters or PhD preferred
- 5+ years software engineering experience with 3+ years developing production machine learning systems preferred
- Experience with general cloud Infrastructure & concept of infrastructure as code
- Experience with machine learning lifecycle platforms (Kubeflow, MLflow) & cloud data services (GCP, AWS)
- Experience with machine learning frameworks tools like scikit-learn, TensorFlow, or PyTorch
- A collaborative coder, comfortable with Git & code reviews
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail & a commitment to excellence
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies & make an impact
- Competitive salary & equity
- 100% paid medical & dental & 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), commuter benefits
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement & weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Franciscos Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, & coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights & more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant & seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain & cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity & inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing & enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses & consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, So Paulo, Reykjavk, Washington D.C. & Dubai.
Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Were committed to building a diverse & inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.