Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is seeking a Production Designer to join our growing Environments team. This role requires a highly motivated & talented designer with a comprehensive understanding of production file set-up, for both 2D & 3D pieces, to create a unified brand look & feel across our retail fleet. You will work closely with the Visual Designers to produce print-ready files & manage the production process from start to finish. The details are what matter to you (nothing is ever too small) & you have an understanding of how thoughtful design can influence & strengthen a brand.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, & is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, & its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, & a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, & its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do
- Work closely with environments designers to bring our visual language to life in physical spaces through window displays, supergraphics, signage, collateral, & wayfinding systems
- Prepare final press-ready files based on supplied specifications for several types of printing & dimensional designs
- Create detailed print overview documents to share with our print vendors for production & with our store teams to use for on-site installations
- Manage signage updates for all doors
- Package & preflight files for release to printers or display manufacturers
- Work directly with vendors to review samples & prototypes to ensure that deliverables meet our standard and review these with the environments designers
- Work with VM & Commercial teams to ensure we are meeting deliverable deadlines & arrange scheduling
- Resolve any artwork issues that arise during production
- Manage the purchasing order request workflow & ensure invoices are accounted for & tracked for all orders placed
- Mange vendor relations & create a bank of new partners to work with
Our dream candidate is...
- 3-5 years experience at an agency or design-centric consumer brand
- Expert knowledge of production techniques for printing
- Close attention to detail & production finishes (2D & 3D pieces)
- Some experience with production of 3D environments & spaces
- Expert knowledge of typography & grid systems
- Strong Adobe skills
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, & equity so that youre part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, & dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you can still spend money later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy & fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks & coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if youre feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!