Who we are:
MasterClass is transforming online education by enabling anyone in the world to learn from the very best. We are deconstructing what makes an actor able to cry on demand, how an athlete defies gravity, & what it takes to write a bestseller. Our online learning content is available to students anywhere anytime, which supports our mission to ignite the greatness in others.
We are a quickly growing VC-funded startup based in San Francisco, with additional offices in Los Angeles. We have created online classes taught by famous masters Gordon Ramsay, Serena Williams, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Sara Blakely, David Sedaris, Bobbi Brown, Timbaland, Anna Wintour & many more to come.
Since launching in 2015, we have been growing our team. Apply now to find out more about what we are doing behind the scenes.
What we are looking for:
- Lifelong learner with a growth mindset who values changing the lives of others
- An eye for identifying great creative & iterating for marketing efforts
- Willingness to be flexible & open to new challenges as the business needs evolve
- 3-5 years as an assistant editor in a professional post-production/content/marketing related environment with motion graphics production/video editing background at a media company or digital agency.
- Someone who is excited about working on short videos/ads that create impact
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic & ability to manage deadlines with poise
- A passion for & strong knowledge of internet culture, trending news items, digital influencers, & interactive media
- Must be able to manage feedback from multiple parties & deal with curve balls
- Understanding of Performance Marketing a plus
Responsibilities of the role:
- Create performance-based video content for social media platforms that engages our audiences & delivers business results
- Take ideas from rough thoughts to clear, concise, finished short form videos
- Understand & work within project parameters: Business unit goals & requirements, internal goals, technical/budget/time constraints
- A keen understanding of the needs, motivations & aspirations of your audiences to speak to them in the most effective, compelling, & engaging way possible.
- Adjust & iterate on learnings from data.
- Proficient in Premiere, After Effects
- Strong grasp of the overall digital marketing ecosystem
- Excellent communication skills
- Excited to work with a small interdisciplinary team in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- Work full-time in our San Francisco office
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.