Smartling is looking for a creative & passionate Full Stack Engineer to join our Data Analytics & Reporting team. Your team will be focused on building & maintaining a cutting-edge translation management application, which allows our clients to manage the localization process for their applications. Our rapidly growing client list includes top names from the technology & Fortune 500 worlds.
Our Engineering team approach
- Agile / Scrum
- SOA - Service Oriented Architecture & APIs.
- Continuous Deployment - multiple times daily.
- Full test automation - we have no QA team.
- DevOps is not a team, it is a culture.
- TDD - Test Driven Development.
Tasks at hand
- Design & implement microservices, APIs, React UI to enhance the existing platform.
- Extend our data platform scalability & scope to bring deeper, more meaningful insights to our clients & internal stakeholders.
- Design & implement testing strategies to maximize product quality.
- Ensure projects are completed & properly documented according to specifications, timelines & quality standards.
- Be available on call & able to support Production systems with high uptime requirements.
- Peer code reviews.
- 2+ years of Java development.
- 2+ years of experience with relational databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL and/or Redshift.
- Knowledge of messaging systems such as Kafka, Kinesis and/or RabbitMQ.
- Software Design knowledge: Microservices, Design Patterns, Object-Oriented Programming, Functional Programming.
- Understanding of distributed computing principles & algorithms.
- Keen interest in data.
Nice to have
- Experience in AWS big data solutions: Athena, ElasticSearch, S3, Kinesis.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology.
- Experience in Serverless solutions such as AWS Lambda.
- DevOps experience, knowledge of terraform.
- Interest in Machine Learning, AI.
- GraphQL, WebSockets (beyond REST).
- Creative/Innovative. Demonstrate inventiveness & the ability to find information or solutions needed for assignments.
- Autonomous/Self-started. Work well & achieves results with little or no supervision.
- Problem Solver. Provide workable solutions or consults with secondary resources to devise solutions.
- Adaptable. Maintain focus & positive attitude amidst change or under pressure.
- With a can do attitude. Able to roll up your sleeves & drive projects to their completion.
What matters to Smartling?
- To help our clients grow their businesses & to help you grow as an individual both professionally & personally.
- Competitive salary & Employee Stock purchase plan.
- An opportunity to learn & advance your career.
- An energetic, value-driven, & fun culture & team spirit.
- Take a break when you need it Flexible PTO.
- Company paid medical/dental/vision/life insurance.
- Commuter Benefits.
- Convenient office in the middle of Manhattan- just blocks from Penn Station & Grand Central.
Smartling is an equal opportunity employer. No third party recruiters.