At Glossier, were building a new kind of beauty company: one that owns the channel & makes customers our stakeholders. Were looking for a creative & ambitious corporate communications leader to join the communications team & help us take the Glossier story to the next level. Youll be the first member of the corporate communications group, so you should be ready to roll up your sleeves & work alongside our team lead as well as colleagues in our consumer, social impact & European communications functions. As Glossier continues to scale, well look to you to build & manage a team.
6 Month Expectations
- The corporate communications lead will develop & begin to implement a plan for building out executive communications at Glossier. Youll build relationships with leaders at Glossier & identify priority spokespeople & their respective roles in supporting our corporate narrative, including venues & moments for communication. Some of this will be block & tackle (conferences, media opportunities), as well as more creative opportunities.
- Internal communications is a huge priority for us at Glossier, & within the first six months, youll manage all existing internal communications channels (all-hands, company newsletter, etc), while identifying opportunities for improvement. Once you have a handle on our current practices, youll propose a plan for the next phase of internal communications at Glossier.
- While were fortunate to have a steady cadence of product launches & offline experiences to maintain momentum, its critical that we elevate our storytelling beyond these moments. During your first six months, youll identify themes that are core to Glossiers mission, strategy & evolution, building messaging & plans to bring these stories to life outside of our normal announcement cycle.
- Another significant part of your role will be to make sure we are building relationships with key reporters & editors for business storytelling. Our company spans a lot of different categories: beauty, technology, startups, direct-to-consumer, etc, so we have a lot of different potential audiences. During your initial months at Glossier, youll audit our existing relationships & build a plan for regular communication & education going forward.
- Caveat: since youve been in a communications role before, youll know that the work we do is incredibly dynamic & often unpredictable. The initiatives above are just a sampling of how you can expect to contribute.
12 Month Expectations
- The ideal candidate has 6-10 years of communications experience; time in-house at a high-growth startup preferred but not required.
- You must either be currently located in New York, NY or willing to relocate.
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, & promotes a skincare-first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. It has been & will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race,color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, & termination.