VICE was launched in 1994 as a 'punk zine' & has since expanded into a leading global youth media company with bureaus in over 30 countries. VICE operates the worlds premier original online video destination, VICE.COM, an international network of digital channels, a television production studio, a magazine, a record label, an in-house creative services agency & a book-publishing division. VICEs digital channels include Creators, dedicated to the arts & creativity, Motherboard, covering cultural happenings in technology, & Noisey, a music discovery channel. To date, VICE boasts over 60 established shows that cover everything from current events to sex to investigative reporting to music to kittens.
Deputy Editor, GARAGE
As Deputy Editor, this role would be writingand top-editing articles for style, length & ensuring that the GARAGE has a consistent voice, leading to traffic & revenuegrowth.
- Direct daily news coverage on digital
- Write, solicit & edit long-form features for digital, includingthink piecesthat can be optimized across VICE social
- Top edit long-form features solicited by other editors for digital
- Write & edit features designed to accompany motion content
- GARAGE print magazineideation
- Writing & edit GARAGE's bi-yearly print publication
- Oversee a cohesive voice between GARAGE print magazine content & digital optimization
- Maintaining & building relationships with writers & creatives across GARAGE's digital & print platforms
- Building out digital tentpoles for on-going content pillars & digital content packages
- Strategize coverage for major events, including fashion weeks & award season as well as art exhibitions, openings, parties, etc.
- Oversite & performance control across VICE traffic monitoring platforms. (Chartbeat, GA, etc.)
- Maintain organization within the web lineup
- At least 5 years of experiencein art or fashion journalism
- Candidate should have experience in both digital & print editorial
- Bachelors degree
- Atleast 1 year of experience managing a department
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create & maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion & diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion & diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers & viewers, & our company culture. We treat all applicants & employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity & expression, marital status & partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking & sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements & essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list & instead are meant to describe the general nature & level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.