Why join Igloo:
Igloo is a leading provider of digital workplace solutions, helping companies build inspiring digital destinations where employees can access the information, tools, & expertise they need to do their best work, from wherever they are. The Igloo platform provides a seamless work experience that brings together content & conversation for a more productive & engaged workforce.
Why this role is important:
We're looking for an Android developer to design, develop & maintain our mobile application & support the systems used to deliver content to our customers enabling them to work from anywhere.
A successful candidate should have experience creating & publishing apps to the Android & Apple app stores & be aware of best practices & development guidelines for the two platforms.
The impact youll have:
- Guide: participate & guide technical design & product discussions related to our mobile Android application
- Collaborate: work closely with other mobile app developers guaranteeing the vision & direction is cohesive for both platforms
- Build: work directly with developers & product managers to conceptualize, build & realize new features
- Functionality: work alongside backend developers to create & maintain the API contracts needed to support mobile functionality
- Optimize: enhance app performance ensuring the best possible user experience
- Modernize: keep up to date on the latest industry trends in the mobile technologies & share domain knowledge
- Share: explain technologies & solutions to technical & non-technical stakeholders
- Continually learning: willingness to attend events/conference related to mobile development
What youll need:
- Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science degree and/or have equivalent work experience
- 5+ years experience working in the software development industry
- 2+ years of mobile application development experience, specifically building Android applications
- Understand end-to-end delivery of the mobile ecosystem
- Background in working with RESTful API's & understand best practices
- Exposure to Cloud solutions like AWS or Azure
- Proven experience building consumer facing applications
- Strong understanding of mobile testing best practices
- Knowledge of security standards & techniques for web/mobile applications
- Ability to work well with external vendors & teams
Tech Stack (brownie points!):
- Knowledge of Git & version management systems in general
- Experience with native mobile dev is highly preferred (Java, iOS/Swift/Objective-C)
- Familiarity with mobile application frameworks such as Xamarin & Ionic
What we have to offer:
We offer health benefits, a training budget for every employee, fair-trade coffee & tea, treats every pay day, & an eco-bonus for people who take alternative transportation to work. You choose whether you work on a Mac or PC, & we give our developers stipends to buy whatever hardware makes their work easier.
You own the work you do. Your decisions are yours, & youre evaluated on results. We pride ourselves on being a collaborative organization where everyone has a voice theres no such thing as a bad idea.
Sound like you? Apply now!
Igloo welcomes & encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Learn more about Igloo Software