CoinDesk is the leading digital media, events & research company in the rapidly growing world of cryptocurrency & digital assets. We strive to be the preeminent media platform covering the global financial systems transformation & to serve the information needs of the next generation of global investing.
The team of subject matter experts at CoinDesk delivers reliable & relevant content to both individuals & businesses, enabling them to make impactful decisions & stay current on this evolving industry.
CoinDesk is a fast-growing company with incredible ambition. Our global presence has grown exponentially through top-quality journalism & event production, creating a community with millions of members. We are all excited to continue on this journey & take pride in the opportunity to make a lasting impact. Were looking for people willing to take on new challenges & immerse themselves in a world of intelligent, forward-thinking & fun humans.
CoinDesk, the global leader in crypto & blockchain news, seeks a versatile Social Media Editor to extend our brand voice on off-platform channels as the company seeks to reach & engage deeply with new & loyal audiences.
The Social Media Editor is a deft multitasker who interacts with video, podcast, events, newsroom, research, newsletter & marketing operations to strategize, execute & supervise day-to-day posting & special project promotion on social platforms.
The Social Media Editor serves an important role as the gateway between content & audience, & has a special focus on building off-site content strategies to engage & retain an audience new to digital assets as well as seasoned veterans to the space. Beyond having working knowledge of the fundamentals of tech, finance or cryptocurrency (preferably all), the right candidate has proven experience breaking down technical concepts, in making them accessible & enjoyable to consume, & in using them to generate conversation, engagement & organic community expansion.
The Social Media Editor is a proven self-starter with a creative approach to social content strategy. They write & edit quickly, cleanly & succinctly, & they must be a master of shaping copy & social-native content to match the voice of different social networks. They also need to be a strong collaborator, working virtually in real-time with a distributed editorial team to take hold of relevant social conversations, all while keeping strong journalistic ethics & standards.
The Social Media Editor must also be flexible enough to manage some promotional activities across other products, & to write on-site copy to promote special projects. A well-rounded toolkit of multimedia, design, data charting & live coverage is a plus.
The Social Media Editor, will play an integral role in broader audience strategy. This individual must be comfortable with analytics, have an understanding of how to measure success (both broadly & on a project basis) & embrace experimentation. They should be experienced with identifying opportunities within social media trends to inform editorial strategy.
We understand that not all candidates possess every single attribute & requirement listed; were looking for a well-rounded candidate who isnt afraid to learn new skills & concepts from executing a viral TikTok video strategy to breaking down the newest trends in decentralized finance.
The Social Media Editor reports to the Associate Director, Audience Strategy.
- Develop a unique, authoritative voice for CoinDesk products off-site that builds trust, piques interest & engages new & loyal audiences
- Execute daily social media posts, including written copy, designs & multimedia, & edit or oversee production of social media copy across newsroom, TV, podcasts, research, events & data (i.e. indices)
- Produce, edit & publish social video, graphics & text content for CoinDesk TV coverage
- Responsible for handling promotion & recirculation of CDTV video clips & segments on social media including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn & Instagram. Retweets guests of CoinDesk TV, podcasts & events, including monitoring their profiles to retweet relevant comments & coming up with creative ways to provoke social media conversation.
- Measure & report social media performance to optimize sharing strategies & provide guidance to stakeholders to improve engagementMeasure & report social media performance with guidance to stakeholders to improve engagement.
- Quickly respond to news with social-native content, amplifying important news with multimedia, graphics, live tweeting, tweet threads or other social tools
- Collaborate with marketing team to promote special projects, major events, sponsored webinars, new products & other diverse initiatives
- Work with Learn Editor to develop a social strategy around CoinDesks educational content that appeals to an audience new to crypto
- Develop & implement strategies to promote ongoing editorial franchises, including newsletters, podcasts & shows
- Work across editorial, multimedia, events & other teams to develop & execute social strategies from news content to longer campaigns
- Research competitors to help inform social media strategy
- Explore, leverage & experiment with new social platforms & tools to reach new audiences
- Moderate social media comments & messages, identifying opportunities to engage directly with users on behalf of the CoinDesk brand, especially on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn & Instagram
- 3-5 years of experience managing social media for a media company or comparable organization
- Proven success at creating & packaging social media content that drives engagement
- Thorough knowledge of social media production, management & analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Parsley, Chartbeat & Sprout
- Deep familiarity with managing Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube & other off-site platforms including TikTok, WhatsApp, Telegram, Reddit & Discord
- Ability to write fast & tweet/post faster
- Experience working across teams & stakeholders
- Ability to work autonomously & have a proactive approach to executing deliverables
- Great communicator with the ability to listen generously & ambition to learn
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, news-driven organization
- Hands-on self-starter with a willingness to roll up their sleeves
- Familiarity with financial & cryptocurrency news