BuzzFeed is looking for a Social Media Strategist to join our team in New York. You will work on the Commerce Editorial Social Team & have a hand in all social platforms. You'll help with our Facebook strategy & work to expand our strategy to cover other platforms even more especially Instagram, Apple News & push notifications.
This job is based in our New York City office, working Monday - Friday. This role reports to our Senior Social Media Strategist, Commerce.
- Help support day-to-day operations & priorities of publishing commerce content on all social platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & push notifications on Apple News & the BuzzFeed app
- Push commerce social team to think creatively on promotion strategies & brainstorm new opportunities to increase traffic & revenue outputs
- Analyze & craft reports on social performance & trends, messaging key results to shopping team & beyond
- Assist Senior Social Media Strategist in managing relationships with other BuzzFeed teams such as affiliate, merch, talent, etc.
- Engage with the BuzzFeed community across platforms
- Help maintain the cheery & collaborative BuzzFeed culture with a positive attitude & obsession with the things people are sharing, liking, recommending & talking about on the internet
- Distribute commerce content & create new ideas for Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, the BuzzFeed App, Apple News, TikTok, & more
- 2+ years experience running social accounts for a major publisher or brand
- Ability to leverage data to understand online customers' buying behaviors
- A self-motivated personality comfortable carving out new responsibilities
- A strong understanding of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc., & why content on those platforms became popular
- A positive, curious, creative disposition
- A genuine love for & excitement about the internet
- An attitude that is adaptable, flexible, & open to change this role could change as BuzzFeed changes!
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
- A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
- Plenty of snacks (healthy & indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.