Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education & employment. Almost a decade later, we are a growing, diverse team of 100+ headquartered in SoHo, NYC. Weve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, & more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year & helps them lead better lives, join us!
Were seeking an experienced Product Marketing Manager to own our new user experience & nurture strategy. The ideal candidate has an analytical nature, passion for understanding user behavior, & a knack for creating compelling narratives. Reporting to the head of Product Marketing, you will lead the positioning & go-to-market strategies that help users engage with our products, develop habits, & become more committed learners. Youll also use your analytical skills & creativity to help execute multi-channel campaigns that drive acquisition & elevate the Codecademy brand. While the role will initially be focused on engagement & lifecycle efforts, it also provides a unique opportunity to support new long-term strategic projects, including international GTM strategy & audience expansion efforts.
What Youll Do:
- Own the go-to-market launch planning to ensure successful launches for new & existing products & features.
- Work with channel marketers, creative, & sales to build & optimize onboarding, engagement, & adoption programs that include measurable goals & outcomes.
- Partner with Product & Content to oversee the execution of content that can help nurture users & drive engagement & trial.
- Refine our personas & partner with Data Science & Product to identify segmentation criteria that allow us to connect our marketing efforts to our personas.
- Conduct & synthesize user research, competitive research, & industry & market trends.
- Collaborate with the Acquisition & Conversion Product Managers to articulate the user journey & identify key user insights to focus the product roadmap on the largest business opportunities.
- Work with our Project Manager to manage campaign processes & timelines & develop processes that help business & marketing collaborate more effectively.
- Monitor, analyze, & optimize marketing campaigns to achieve goals. This includes real-time monitoring as well as longer-term reviews to gauge how leads are maturing through the funnel.
- Utilize best practices, campaign analysis tools, & hypothesis testing to continually improve campaign performance. Communicate results & learnings with all stakeholders.
What Youll Need:
- 4-6 years of product marketing or integrated marketing experience; some experience in consumer technology preferred.
- Experience leading the strategy & execution of integrated marketing campaigns & product launches.
- Experience articulating the essence of products & the value they create. You can develop strong product positioning & messaging hierarchy & work with partner teams to infuse into a holistic marketing & content strategy plan.
- A knack for finding creative, fresh ways to explain traditional ideas. Passionate storyteller with strong writing skills & the ability to distill complex ideas into simple concepts.
- Strong empathy for the end user. Obsession with understanding user problems & needs. Experience developing personas & audience targeting strategies.
- Strong analytical skills, including familiarity & understanding of Google Analytics, Looker, or similar tools.
- Experience doing qualitative & quantitative user research & documenting & evangelizing user insights across the company.
- Ability to independently drive multiple projects at a time, meet tight deadlines, & push projects further than expected.
- Extremely strong communication & interpersonal skills, & ability to work cross-functionally with a variety of partners.
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- International experience strongly preferred
- SQL or other data analytics experience to complement analytics tools experience
- Experience launching a new product line or major business initiative from the ground up.
- Experience working in high-growth, start-up environments.
- Previous subscription, SaaS, or edtech experience.
- Interest in coding or passion for empowering others through coding education.
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of users with our product & in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- & works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds & beliefs are empowered to better their futures.