Ripples mission is to enable payments every way, everywhere for everyone. We believe connecting traditional financial entities like banks, payment providers & corporations with emerging blockchain technologies & users is the path to an open, decentralized, & more inclusive financial future. This Internet of Value gives any internet-enabled person, application or device access to financial services that are transparent, fast, reliable, & cheap. Delivering this vision is a challenge of massive scale spanning $155 trillion in annual cross border fiat payments & the $1.5 trillion market of digital assets that has grown 10X in the last year.
We are looking for an innovative & collaborative principal applied scientist to join us in building the Internet of Value experience for our customers & their users. This is a high-impact role on a team charged with determining & delivering optimal liquidity for every customer in the world in a cost-effective, robust & scalable manner. From forecasting supply & demand, to optimizing routing across traditional & digital assets & venues, to enabling price discovery for the long-tail of crypto assets & tokens, this role will be critical in developing the liquidity engine that powers the Internet of Value. Ideal candidates will have a track record of scientific leadership & technical strength. Successful candidates must be passionate about inventing & delivering customer-focused solutions to ambitious & ambiguous challenges. You will define & drive end-to-end machine learning solutions that solve real customer problems while helping grow & build the team that delivers them.
WHAT YOULL DO:
- Design & build automated ML-based systems for forecasting, optimizing & managing access to global liquidity so our customers can send value instantly, easily, efficiently & cost-effectively to all corners of the world
- Lead the scientific vision & ML strategy for how we delivering scalable, auditable, & maintainable production machine learning services at Ripple
- Be a foundational member of our applied science pillar with a huge opportunity to shape its future
- Work with teams across the broader organization, including engineering, product, legal, compliance, finance & business development to think beyond the technical design in delivering the best experience for our customers
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR:
- Masters or PhD (preferred) in computer science, statistics, physics, or other quantitative field
- 10+ years of hands-on experience delivering production machine learning solutions to complex business problems
- 5+ years experience with Python and/or Java
- Broad machine learning experience including statistical modeling, time series analysis/forecasting & experimentation, bonus if in finance & trading domains, especially FX
- Experience with cloud-based data processing & machine learning services & tools
- Experience recruiting & mentoring a world-class team of applied scientists
- You are excited about blockchains; the technical details & the potential benefits
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, especially with non-technical senior leaders
- Attention to detail & a commitment to excellence
- An entrepreneurial problem solver with a bias for action
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant & seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain & cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity & inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing & enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses & consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, So Paulo, Reykjavk, Washington D.C. & Dubai.
Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Were committed to building a diverse & inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.