Harrys started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harrys has expanded to Canada & Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched three new brands including Flamingo, Cat Person, & Headquarters, & made our first brand acquisition with Lum.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, the Harrys team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback.
Harrys is operating as a hybrid-first environment - for us, that means that we ask folks to come into our beautiful, 88,000 square foot SoHo office a minimum of 2 days per week, with flexibility to choose exactly which days work best for you. What will you get out of that? Bagels on Tuesdays, lunch on Wednesdays & Thursdays, & fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, & drinks everyday. Cant forget the free products & the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom (remember what 2019 was like?)
We are still requiring vaccinations for in-office employees. Reasonable accommodations due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief may be made.
About the Team
Harry's is a next-generation consumer packaged goods company focused on expanding & strengthening our DTC brands. The engineering team launches & maintains the software that supports these brands. We value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback.
The engineering team at Harry's is responsible for building full-stack services to support all e-commerce activities. These systems range from order & fulfillment systems, to customer facing websites.
About the Role
We're looking for a senior software engineer who is interested in e-commerce & cares about providing a quality experience to our users.
Youll be joining Harrys DTC engineering team, which powers harrys.com & our internal tools. Youll act as a versatile contributor able to work in both the frontend & backend of our application. Youll work closely with product management & design teams to achieve business goals, while driving engineering excellence & best practices in our engineering organization. The systems & software you build will help us serve thoughtful & delightful customer experiences in a way our retail competitors cannot.
What you will accomplish:
- Build high-quality, high-value software & be an advocate for engineering best practices across the engineering team.
- Work closely with Product & Design to ensure that user-facing features are executed in a way that accurately reflects the intention & eye for detail of those teams, while still applying our standards & rigor to that process.
- Plan out & execute new features & initiatives.
- Contribute to our agile planning, code reviews, testing methodology, & on-call systems, & think critically & constructively about how to improve & shape those processes.
Requirements for the role:
- You have a Bachelors degree in computer science, software engineering, or similar (or equivalent non-traditional training) & 3+ years experience.
- You have worked heavily across the stack in large-scale, high-visibility web applications.
- Experience with React & Ruby on Rails is a plus.
- You have experience with unit & feature testing, CI/CD processes, & web performance.
The type of engineer were looking for:
- You are pragmatic & understand the trade-offs in making technical & architectural decisions.
- You are always seeking opportunities to improve your own work.
- You are humble, & leave your ego at the door. You are able to take feedback gracefully & act on it, as well as give thoughtful feedback.
- You are enthusiastic about being a resource for the people on your team.
- Youre looking to drive tangible impact in your next career opportunity.
- You understand that building software is a team effort & an ongoing endeavor.
- You have a passion for solving complex & tough problems & thrive in a culture of innovation.
Benefits & perks
- Medical, dental, & vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harrys
- Unlimited PTO & flexible working hours
- Wellness & L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL & virtual events including happy hours, team building events, & parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
We have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
This role can be done remotely, however there may be location constraints based on where Harry's is registered & able to employ individuals. Please work with your recruiter & your hiring manager to understand any location constraints. We are authorized & able to employ individuals in many, but not all states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where we are registered or able to employ individuals, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more.
#BI-Remote #LI-Remote #LI-AB1