The primary function of this position is to effectively develop, manage,and execute againstpolicies & procedures which ensure accurate & timely recording of assigned general ledgeraccount transactions in accordance with GAAP & IFRS.In addition, this position will be assigned specific projects.
- Prepare"best-in-class"reconciliations for all assigned accounts, analyzing & highlighting the activity. Assigned accounts include but are not limited toAccounts Payable Liability, Other Current Liabilities, Prepaids, Deposits, & Corporate Card Liability.
- Prepare all related account journal entries, including appropriate documentation.
- Process related automated monthly entries. Ensure automated interfaces to the general ledger are functioning as intended (e.g. Prepaids). Review posting of automated, system-generated entries.
- Maintain applicable detailed supporting schedules ensuring accurate & complete data forall assigned accounts & ensure it reconciles to the respective G/L accounts.
- Operationalize, manage & track the accounting for landlord & sub-tenant transactions including rent, CAM, utilities, profit-sharing, TI reimbursements, etc.
- Identify & resolve incorrect entries, data anomalies,and exceptions in both the sub-ledgeror detailed schedule & the G/L. Collect data & perform research as required on details oftransactions.
- Oversee root cause analysis of recurring accrual adjustments, reconciliation issues, & recommend & influencethe implementation of process improvements & tools solutions to correct & mitigatethese.
- Research & prepare commentary for month-end variance analysis of certain Income Statement & Balance Sheet accounts.
- Design, lead, or coordinate Shared Services initiatives with other teams, & communicate progress on assigned projects.
- Accurate & timely preparation of & explanations forassignedaudit relatedrequests.Responsible for preparing & submitting assigned compliance reports,such as quarterly & year-end auditrequests & reports.
- Perform the above tasks in compliance withproper internal controls & SOX requirements. Identify control gaps, if any, & recommend process improvements.
- Identify,communicate, & partner with Enterprise Systems team to resolvesystem bugs or needed roadmap enhancements.
- Design, refine & optimize assigned accounts monthly close procedures, taking intoconsideration all necessary dependencies, & execute timely & accurately in global month-end close activities.
- Design, propose, & implement streamlined processes, automation, system enhancements, andbest-in-class policiesto optimize the assigned general ledger account transactions for effectiveness & efficiency.
- Collaborate & serve as a liaison to other departmentsonaccountingmatters with cross functional impact, including but not limited to other Controllership functions, EMEA team, Strategic Planning & Analysis, the People Organization, Facilities,andLegal.
- Assist with or be responsible for other duties & ad-hoc projects as assigned.Participate in wider departmental projects & initiatives as requested.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or EconomicsCPA a plus
- 3+ years of relevant experience from publicly tradedmultinational high-tech companiesand/orpublic accounting
- Proficient to advanced MS excel skills (pivots, v-lookups, formulas, macros)
- Experience with NetSuite a plus
- Experience with global companies,multi-entity & multi-currency environments
- Relevant experience with SOX
- Interacting with external parties including auditors