WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community, & services that enable them to do what they love & build their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, & our own team members are central to that goal.
We are creating software for physical space that uses data & technology at each point in the building process, such that it can make better sourcing decisions, improve its designs, build faster & smarter, & ultimately improve the lives of the people working within its buildings. Our state of the art technologies & dedication to technological innovation are key reasons why WeWork has been able to scale from operating one workspace location to more than 210 in just over eight years.
The mission of WeWork Labs is to make WeWork the long-term friend & partner to early stage startups, helping them fulfill their destiny, & to power all organizations that share the same intention. Our vision is to be there for anyone who wishes to take the startup path, be the best place to start, & forever partner in success & failure. We offer a global platform that helps startups grow & succeed through community, education, mentorship, investments, press & more, & deliver directly under the WeWork Labs brand & indirectly by powering incubators & accelerators.
Youre an out-of-the-box thinker with deep technology roots; a well organized self-starter who is eager to jump in feet first. You are someone who has built robust scalable enterprise, mobile, & consumer platforms. You can listen to what a customer says they want, prioritize, & help figure out a real solution to their problem. You bring a proven history of initiative, self-direction, creativity, & the ability to meet deadlines & evidence that you are a top performer in your current role. You are very hands-on, while also being able to build & develop a team. Daily work will also include partnering closely with centralized & market-level sales, partnerships, programming, strategy, & corporate HQ teams.
- 6+ years web development experience
- Very strong knowledge of how the Web works & how to make it efficient (HTTP, caching, page rendering, mobile optimization, etc)
- Significant experience with React & the React ecosystem (Flux, Flow, Redux, etc)
- Experience front-end tooling workflows: Node.js, Yarn, Webpack, Create React App, Flow, Babel, etc
- Good understanding of debugging for the browser
- Experience with Responsive Web Design (RWD) patterns
- Experience with unidirectional data flow patterns Redux preferred
- Full Stack awareness, but this role is front-end based
- Experience with data integration; understanding/experience with RESTful API design or WebSockets
- Working in an Agile environment
- Strong team-building, vendor & customer relations skills
- GIT & GitHub experience
- Good interpersonal skills (wireframes, rapid prototypes, PoCs, whiteboarding)
- Experience maintaining & extending a style guide for scalability & cross application usage
- You do what you love
- You are able to get into the details & deliver results under the highest expectations on time & quality
- Ready to get hands-on with all aspects of the daily needs
- Pragmatism & outcomes orientation are valued & lead to wins
- Extraordinary organizational & multitasking skills
- You thrive in a rapidly changing environment
- Flexibility to think creatively
- Ability to foresee & identify needs of the team
- You take an innovator & creators approach to any issues that may arise
- Ability to build trust across the organization by being a good listener & inclusively soliciting input
- You are open to new & innovative solutions
- You present well & communicate clearly & effectively to upper management & internal groups.
- Youre willing to adjust course when appropriate new ideas or objections are raised
- You love working with people
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.