Meet CarGurusthe #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, were building the worlds most trusted & transparent automotive marketplace where its easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data & its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms & innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation & vehicle history.
Do you like a challenge & solving puzzles? Are you good at thinking on your feet? Are you a self-starter who is comfortable in taking the initiative? Most importantly: do you like the idea of being a customers hero?
CarGurus is hiring a Desktop Support Engineer to join our international IT Team. We are looking for an individual that enjoys helping others & will contribute to our expansion in Dublin & mainland Europe. Your ability to be creative & have the initiative to improve processes will be a great part of your success. Your audience will be wildly varied from C level executives, to engineers, to our sales team. Ones ability to collaborate & work efficiently is central to the IT Teams culture.
If this sounds exciting, then we want you!
What Youll Do:
- Provide day to day desktop support to local & remote users
- Set up new hires desktops; involving everything from procurement to support
- Be responsible for trouble shooting & escalations
- Handle adds, moves & changes within the corporate infrastructure
- Monitor technology trends & makes recommendations on incorporating new technology into the companys existing platforms
- Responsible for the ongoing maintenance & future planning needs of the companys desktop environment
- Collaborate with existing vendors to evaluate the new technology that is available & make recommendations to management on using that technology
- Monitor the performance of the companys desktop infrastructure & make suggestions for improving efficiency
- Evaluate applications & software patches for desktop applications to see if they will solve desktop issues
Who You Are:
- Must have one or more of the following
- Associates Degree in MIS or similar field & 2+ years of experience
- Certificate programs focusing in desktop support & 2+ years of experience
- 4+ years desktop engineering experience
- Demonstrated experience supporting MACs (OSX) & some experience with PCs (Windows and/or Linux) in an enterprise environment
- JAMF/Casper Skills a BIG plus
- VoIP skills a BIG plus
- Basic configuration of laptops, peripheralsand smart devices
- A/V & video conferencing systems for conference rooms & meeting spaces.
- Ticketing system knowledge
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity & collaboration. True to our start-up roots, were nimble, flexible & hardworking. We have a great respect for testing & learning & a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball & ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, were as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK & Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI & Dublin, Ireland. If youd like to learn more, please visitour careers page.