Visa is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions & governments in more than 200 countries & territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates & fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds & access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier & helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions & products that deliver the convenience & security of digital currency to more peopleall over the world.
Client Services provides industry-leading operational support to Visa's clients around the world. With our deep knowledge & expertise, we are a key internal partner to product & technology, bringing the voice of the customer into the design, development & successful deployment of Visa products & services. In addition to supporting client implementation of Visa products & services globally, Client Services is also responsible for a host of critical services that support the broader Visa organization & clients, including: Visa Rules management, cardholder disputes, compliance, client testing & configuration, & client tools. The team also provides support for Visa's DPS, CyberSource & Authorize.net businesses. Across time zones & borders, we provide clients with a comprehensive set of services including on-behalf-of contact center support to the end consumer & merchant. We are trusted partners to Visa's clients, providing expertise to support & successfully grow their business.
@VisaNews Twitter: www.twitter.com/visanews Tumblr: visacorporate.tumblr.com
Summary Description of role:
Dispute Analyst Leads are true subject matter experts in their field & as such, will be a key point of contact & escalation within the department for complex dispute matters. In addition to understanding all aspects of the dispute resolution management process, Dispute Analysts will support their leadership team by identifying & implementing process improvements, monitoring daily workloads & ensuring that cases are assigned for review based on priority, work type, & available resources in order to maximize resource utilization rates & Client recoveries. This is an individual contributor role responsible for identifying & resolving issues of moderate complexity. This position is at an intermediate professional level & requires strong execution & analytical abilities. This role works independently & receives minimal guidance.
- Identify opportunities to optimize team performance & counsel staff & support staff (quality assurance, training, documentation) on dispute related matter in order to maximize resource utilization & service delivery quality
- Provide subject matter expertise during internal & external projects & engagements
- Monitor daily workload & allocate or assign cases based on priority, work type, & available resources
- Incubate new services, processes, & new Client case work to ensure that programs are set-up correctly & working as expected
- Review & approve high-dollar dispute claims for junior staff members
- Facilitate or participate in monthly change control meetings
- Analyze claimant transaction history, available online data, & leveraging knowledge of industry fraud trends to determine if claim is valid or fraudulent
- Review evidence or case presented & leveraging Network (Visa, MasterCard, Regional Network, etc.) dispute resolution management rules to determine the validity of each claim & its potential for recovery
- Assess claimant eligibility for access to affect funds during the dispute recovery process in accordance with US consumer laws if applicable
- Utilize Network dispute process to attempt recovery on behalf of Visa DAS Clients, ensuring that disputes are submitted in accordance with Network Operating Regulations, & that all required evidentiary & technical conditions & requirements are met
- Dispute Analysts will process all complex dispute types & reason codes
- Open tickets & communicate system or settlement issues to leadership or internal partners
- Stay current with industry & client trends & maintain a strong knowledge of Visa international Operating Regulations & Regulation E with regard to dispute processing.
- Identify & analyze processing problem with customer impacts; communicates ongoing situation status to processing teams
- Communicate via email & phone to Visa DAS Clients & Network associates as necessary
- Potential domestic & international travel may be required
- Work in a matrixed environment
- Work off business hours as required
- Requires a minimum of 5 years' experience working in a merchant acquiring, card issuing, or back office banking environment, & a minimum of 4 years of experience in a dispute resolution management or loss recovery role
- Bi-lingual Spanish is highly preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of Visa's International Operating Regulations
- Comprehensive knowledge of US Federal Regulations E & Z
- Must be a self-starter with proven abilities in organizational, conceptual, & logical problem solving
- Proven ability to service & support a range of internal & external customers, while maintaining client/stakeholder confidentiality, often in parallel & within a shifting set of priorities
- A proven track record for making sound decisions based on available evidence, managing both short & long-term goals, & achieving high quality operational results
- Ability to make independent decisions guided by department policies & procedures
- Customer focus with proven ability to establish productive working relationships
- Ability to set priorities & manage customer expectations, & work both as part of a team & independently
- Ability to set priorities & manage department expectations, & work both as part of a team & independently
- Exceptional verbal, written & interpersonal skills are required
- Exceptional knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel