About the Team
The Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) team at Harrys is responsible for the Harrys.com. Our mission is to build delightfully personalized experiences that make our customers lives easier. We are a nimble team with a game-changing mind-set, endless passion & uncompromising user focus. We hone-in on customer needs, ideate the best product & design solutions to serve them, & build user centric experiences. We then launch, measure & iterate on solutions & never settle until we find the right answer for our customers. We are a highly collaborative team that partners cross-functionally to deliver high-performing, maintainable, beautiful customer experiences & always look to improve.
About the Role
They will tell stories with words, a process most commonly known as writing.
The copywriters job is to create & edit industry-leading copy & content across the Harrys DTC channel, from taglines & headlines to web to social posts. Theyll pair with design to support the broader growth marketing team in all day-to-day copy requests. They approach each task, small or large, with the same attention to detail.
The copywriter will be motivated by developing copy that communicates Harrys key value propositions & that drives effective business results as measured by the growth marketing team. They enjoy managing the quality of all copy deliverables to ensure they meet Harrys high creative standards, & possess a collaborative & easy going work ethic with the ability to give & take creative feedback & constructive criticism gracefully. They are naturally curious & passionate about the brand & storytelling journey & desire to work within a team to deliver an amazing product.
What you will accomplish:
- Digital Advertising: Develop advertising copy for digital marketing channels like Facebook, Instagram, web display, Gmail & promoted content channels supporting multiple ad formats including static banners, animated banners, short video clips, recorded video interviews, article teasers, dynamic product ads, emails & carousel ads.
- Print Advertising: Develop advertising copy for print-ready ads for offline marketing channels including direct mail, magazine ads, flyer inserts, & newspaper ads, supporting multiple ad formats including postcards, tri-fold cards, letters, mini-catalogs, & door hangers.
- Landing Pages: Write compelling copy for landing pages, including short stories, that ties directly to digital & print advertisements so that customer who see our advertisements & then come to Harrys.com have a seamless & elevated experience.
This should describe you:
- 1+ years experience writing copy in an e-commerce or advertising setting
- Impeccable & multifaceted copywriting, copy editing & proofing talents
- Deep understanding of advertising with a strategic approach to the creative process
- Ability to gracefully manage multiple priorities, internal workflow, deadlines & stakeholder expectations
- A passion for design, typography, creative & brand thinking
- Comfortable having work evaluated based on strict performance metrics
- Insightful, creative eye, & outstanding attention to detail
- Empathy for the customer & their interaction with the brand in advertising
- Self-starter who possesses the ability to create original work
- Strong project management skills; experience working cross functionally with creative & marketing teams a plus
- Organized, dependable & self-motivated with the ability to excel in a hands-on, fast paced environment
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, & the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, & supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- To you, theres nothing more exciting than a new challenge
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously & our selves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to Director of Digital Product Design
- The Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) team
- The greater Harrys marketing org & creative team
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.