The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve & define the future state of shopping. As the worlds largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money & live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent & more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital & physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
About the Role
The Business Development & Partnerships Manager, Fashion Group, at Walmart eCommerce is responsible for supporting the effort to identify, explore & shape partnership opportunities to expand our fashion business, foster internal & external collaboration, & partner with leadership to drive key strategic initiatives. Ultimately, your goal is to help transform the face of the Fashion Group at Walmart eCommerce.
The Business Development & Partnerships Manager, Fashion, will be a part of the Fashion Group & will play an integral role in identifying, prioritizing, crafting, & building partnership opportunities within the fashion categories at Walmart eCommerce. This position reports to the VP of Strategy & Business Development, Fashion Group, & will work closely with leaders in Fashion eCommerce Management, Operations, Business Development, & Walmart corporate teams.
- Assist the Fashion Group General Managers & the VP of Strategy & Business Development on a broad range of strategic initiatives & partnerships that help shape the future of the Fashion category
- Identify, prioritize, & structure partnership & acquisition opportunities with Fashion brands & retailers to support the Walmart eCommerce Fashion Group goals
- Model the financial (P&L, cashflow & balance sheet) impact of various opportunities & lead development of analytical frameworks/models to measure effectiveness of business development
- Build long-term strategic partnerships & ensuring meeting business development financial goals for 3 year plan
- Assist in negotiations of key terms & partnership contracts
- Partner with cross-functional teams (including Category, Analytics, Planning, Finance, etc.) to develop new business models & opportunities to support the Fashion Group
- Research & analyze the competitive landscape to understand & influence market trends that are shaping the industry & identify opportunities for growth & differentiation
- Project manage internal initiatives that cross multiple categories & ensure alignment across Fashion leadership
- Lead, coach & mentor team members & provide feedback to enhance skills, knowledge & work performance
Youre a risk takera dreamer that delivers. You have big ideas & can implement them with a positive attitude. You pride yourself on being the first of your friends to know whats happening in the fashion world. You have a passion for innovation at the intersection of Fashion & eCommerce.You want to be a part of one of the fastest growing eCommerce companies in the world, where the only constant is change.
- Strong business acumen
- Analytical & deductive reasoning skills
- Strong financial modeling skills (P&L, cashflow, balance sheet)
- Exceptional attention to detail & follow through
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects with competing demands for resources
- Creative problem solver that can deliver comprehensive, balanced & actionable analysis
- Entrepreneurial mindset: belief in bold ideas & the power of creative thinking to get to yes
- Bias for action: desire to test concepts in the field quickly
- Deep passion for Fashion & eCommerce & customer-centric mindset
- Great team player & collaborator
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel & Power Point
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to effectively build & manage relationships
- Proven strength in both oral & written communication skills, including the ability to develop & deliver presentations to senior management & large groups in a professional, concise & direct manner
- Fundamentally kind to others
- Ability to model Walmart's three core values: Respect for the individual, Service to our customers, Strive for excellence
- The ability to anticipate business issues & influence managerial attention
- Ability to clearly state a vision to team members & then successfully translate that vision into executable steps
- 8+ years of relevant work experience
- Bachelors degree, MBA preferred
- Strategy consulting / investment banking experience
- Business development / partnerships experience in retail, fashion, ecommerce preferred
Are you hungry to own your career & catapult ideas into action? Join our family & build a career youre proud of.